Landscape Gardening Maintenance Marple & Marple Bridge

Author Topic: Traffic Congestion in Marple  (Read 14140 times)

CTCREP

Re: Traffic Congestion in Marple
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 05:25:09 PM »
Unfortunately I shall be unable to attend the Car Parking and Congestion meeting. However I believe that both subjects cannot be considered fully without considering the affect on pedestrians, and their effect on the problem. Take one area  - Marple Station and Brabyns Park.  Providing much better pedestrian access through the Park from Compstall and Grosvenor Rd could encourage more people to leave their cars at home thus reducing congestion and relieving some of the parking problems. Creating another car park just below the sports hall for the dog walkers and footballers would provide more space at the main car park.  Although initially this doesn't seem attractive, that section is often flooded so is not regularly used, and if surrounded by trees that would soak up some of the water, they would hide the cars and make the  remainder of the land more useable. I hope others will offer similar solutions.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Re: Traffic Congestion in Marple
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 06:56:43 AM »
Related to this and other threads on the forum about parking at Marple Station, there is an on-line survey being conducted about parking around the Marple Bridge area.

Some of our users may wish to contribute to this:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/131w-Vzs1eazpFEFXWyk1-3BuKBJCJZaas2_WeSZgaXU/viewform?c=0&w=1
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

CTCREP

Traffic Congestion in Marple
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 05:16:43 PM »
I received the following. No doubt others would have an opinion.

Good Afternoon,

I write to inform you that Marple Area Committee will be holding the first of a number of Open Forum discussions throughout 2016 at their next meeting on Wednesday 10 February 2016 – Marple Senior Citizens Hall at 6.00pm

The first topic is Traffic Congestion and Parking in the District Centre. Sue Stevenson, Transportation Manager at the Council will attend the meeting and make a short presentation, however the main purpose of the forum in to enable you and other residents to air their views. Comments made and any decisions by the Area Committee made as a result of the debate will be referred to the Executive Councillor (Supporting Places) and the Corporate Director for Place Management & Regeneration for consideration.

Please feel free to pass on this email alert.

Many Thanks
Steve

Stephen Fox
CSS Manager (Democratic Services)
Legal and Democratic Governance
Corporate and Support Services
Town Hall
Stockport
SK1 3XE
Tel: 0161 474 3206
http://www.stockport.gov.uk