Archive > Marple Primary Schools Transition

Marple Childcare at Rose Hill to close

(1/4) > >>

My login is Henrietta:

--- Quote from: Cross Laner! on January 20, 2016, 03:15:46 PM ---There has been a private provider on the Rose Hill site, providing nursery wrap around/pre-school care for many, many years, long before Marple Childcare.  These private providers have supported the demand in Marple/Rose Hill and have given parents that extra option.

Marple Childcare (Dale Pre-School as it was originally known) have provided care for children in Rose Hill for around 15 years and have always put the children and their families first.  Unfortunately, when you don't own your own property you are in the hands of the LA or your landlord (school) and when you are no longer wanted as a 'partner/provider of childcare' and are only seen as a vehicle to make money, it is obvious to all that the end is near. 

I know some of the people that work for MCC and know that they are gutted by the turn of events and would like to keep going, if not at Rose Hill school then at another site locally.  My children both went to Pre-School and some of the staff are the same all these years on, such a shame that we have to loose another valuable asset.

--- End quote ---

Jo Scarlett:
There has been a private provider on the Rose Hill site, providing nursery wrap around/pre-school care for many, many years, long before Marple Childcare.  These private providers have supported the demand in Marple/Rose Hill and have given parents that extra option.

Marple Childcare (Dale Pre-School as it was originally known) have provided care for children in Rose Hill for around 15 years and have always put the children and their families first.  Unfortunately, when you don't own your own property you are in the hands of the LA or your landlord (school) and when you are no longer wanted as a 'partner/provider of childcare' and are only seen as a vehicle to make money, it is obvious to all that the end is near. 

I know some of the people that work for MCC and know that they are gutted by the turn of events and would like to keep going, if not at Rose Hill school then at another site locally.  My children both went to Pre-School and some of the staff are the same all these years on, such a shame that we have to loose another valuable asset. 

Middle wood:
Marpke Childcare are excellent at both running the Pre-School and the wrap around care service. That's what they do and have been invited in to other schools to provide the same - such is their expertise. They have the experience and economies of scale over the sites on management etc so goodness knows how this benefits the school - other than to distract the governing body from doing its real job.

The comments on the petition are real testimony to the high regard and affection they are held. The parents simply do not want to lose them but our wishes have not been sought or considered.

ringi:
Given the shortage of school places in Marple, and the common wish for smaller schools, maybe Marple Childcare should start its own school……

ringi:

--- Quote from: Howard on January 19, 2016, 01:53:43 PM ---Marple Childcare is a non-profit organisation. In my view of the world, state schools should also be. The word "profit" should not be any part of this issue.

--- End quote ---

OK, call it surplus or safety net.  Given that things WILL go wrong, all public bodies must plan so each service they provide costs less to provide then the income they get.   The days of the government giving out more money just because a public body has overspent is long gone…..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version