Cole and Fox Interior Design Marple | Romiley | Stockport

Author Topic: Malcolm Allan: Marple North Libdem Candidate  (Read 9855 times)

JMC

Re: Malcolm Allan: Marple North Libdem Candidate
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2015, 07:15:06 PM »
I for one am glad to find out about all the candidates. Welcome to the forum.

And surely S&S lib dem is better than Tory?  ;)

simonesaffron

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2015, 01:10:48 PM »

I won’t use this forum as a campaign platform but those who want to have direct contact with me or the Liberal Democrats can visit our web site at marple.mycouncillor.org.uk

Maybe this is a new way of campaigning @Malcolm Allan, that we haven't heard of. So in effect what you actually do, is campaign by not campaigning. Perhaps you need a little rethink eh?

simonesaffron

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2015, 10:15:05 AM »
Alright then Malcolm,

More to bring out Dave's good humour than anything, here' a chance for you.

Question. The public realm deteriorates before our eyes; parking, parks, drains et al. It has all been mentioned before. It has all happened on the Lib Dem watch, over the last few years. Councillor Abell says its because there is less money to go around, I accept that this is true. However one shouldn't guarantee the other, nor did he say this as part of his election campaign. He only mentioned it when he was safely in office.

Public Realm Malcolm? What do you say about it?

Whilst we are discussing it, what do you say John Bates?   

Dave

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 06:44:21 PM »
Someone must have hacked Simone's account - she would never write anything as negative and grumpy as that.......    ;)

simonesaffron

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 06:01:44 PM »
Dear oh dear Malcolm, surely not !

As a previous LibDem supporter, I have to say,  the last thing that Marple needs for the future is yet again, another LibDem Councillor.

Let us in Marple see the next election as an opportunity to see the LibDems rid of.

Malcolm Allan

Malcolm Allan: Marple North Libdem Candidate
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 08:23:37 AM »
Thanks for the opportunity to post some details about myself. I’m the Liberal Democrat candidate for Marple North next May

I have lived in Marple for 30 years and was brought up in Romiley. I am married with three daughters all of whom have worked or volunteered in Marple. All started their education at St Mary’s Primary School.

Until very recently I worked for a multinational manufacturing Company in North Manchester, and during 28 years there I worked mainly in HR but also in Sustainability, Health & Safety, Purchasing and Distribution. I‘ve used my experience in employment law to help individuals for free where other employers have treated people badly.

Working in another Manchester Borough, I was asked to help the local community and council which I’ve done over the past 18 years. I’ve had various voluntary, independent roles (not as a Councillor or as an employee) involved in Children’s Services, Economic Development, Heritage Building restoration, and Councillors’ allowances. These posts involved me in pulling together community groups, elected Councillors and Council officers and have given me a familiarity with the workings of a Council in Greater Manchester. 

I played league cricket in the area for many years for Romiley and Hawk Green and was Club captain at the latter. I am still a Trustee of Romiley Cricket Club. I was Treasurer of 1st Mellor Brownies while my daughters attended and a little bit beyond, and many people will remember me as the organiser of the Werneth Low Run, a half marathon in the area, for 15 years.

I’m not sure that tells you about me as a person, so I’d like to add I keep fit by swimming and I’m a regular at Marple baths. I love music of all kinds and think the music scene in Manchester is fantastic; in recent weeks I’ve been to the RNCM and the Ritz. I love films and am a regular volunteer at the Cork International Film Festival, and love cricket and am a life member at Lancashire CCC as well as a qualified but not practising Umpire.

I won’t use this forum as a campaign platform but those who want to have direct contact with me or the Liberal Democrats can visit our web site at marple.mycouncillor.org.uk

Malcolm