Marple based web design | Websites That Work For You!

Author Topic: Who are the Candidates for Local Councillor in May 2016?  (Read 42563 times)

simonesaffron

Re: Who are the Candidates for Local Councillor in May 2016?
« Reply #89 on: May 05, 2016, 12:56:07 PM »
Well Done Hoffnung, I've also voted for KevinDowling

amazon

« Reply #88 on: May 05, 2016, 12:55:46 PM »
No, I don't mind telling you Simone, I've voted for KevinDowling

Another wasted vote.

Hoffnung

« Reply #87 on: May 05, 2016, 12:41:09 PM »
So if you don't mind me asking Hoffnung  who are you actually voting for?

No, I don't mind telling you Simone, I've voted for KevinDowling

simonesaffron

« Reply #86 on: May 05, 2016, 10:41:49 AM »
So if you don't mind me asking Hoffnung  who are you actually voting for?

Hoffnung

« Reply #85 on: May 05, 2016, 10:03:15 AM »
Sorry John,

I forgot to say this. I was at one time considering voting for you, although I have to admit it was a bit of an unlikelihood. However if I  did harbour any such inclinations then they have been completely vanquished by the political naivety you have displayed in this leaflet.

It is a frightening thought for Marple but after this election, Marple could have five Councillors who have a total 4 years experience between all of them. Whan Labour takes over the council Marple will get nothing.

Hoffnung

« Reply #84 on: May 05, 2016, 09:50:22 AM »
Just having a look @ John Bates's 3 reasons. Political naivety at it'as wildest as well as empty rhetoric.

Reason 1. It is no accident after all these years that Stockport let alone Marple has no tram/metrolink facility. There are a dozen sound reasons why it hasn't happened and you will be absolutely powerless to do anything about any of them.

Reason 2. As a recently retired local government director who specialized in neighbourhood  and communities, I can tell you that the 'Neighbourhood Plan' is a completely insignificant end to a completely insignificant process. It has no rights whatsoever enshrined in legislation and the Council will just completely ignore it at will.

So again John Empty Rhetoric.

Reason 3. INDEED !!

So for the leaflet John, you are awarded Nil Point. 

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #83 on: May 05, 2016, 09:37:03 AM »
One thing I've noticed this year is a marked absence of canvassing.  I've not had anybody at my door, something I'm quite pleased about as in the past it could be a bit of a pest.

Has it though gone out of fashion and been replaced by social media?

I can't recall ever having anyone call at our house since we moved here in 1989. What is very different this year for me is that I always remember a sea of orange posters everywhere and we used to play spot the labour or conservative ones. Thinking back this has been in decline for a few years but this year on Woodville Drive I have only noticed one and this is outside the house of a family related to a LibDem councillor. I haven't noticed any labour, conservative or other colour in the areas near where I live that I regularly pass. There are a couple for Malcolm Allan on the route to school and that's all.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

andy+kirsty

« Reply #82 on: May 05, 2016, 08:35:37 AM »
Please remember to vote today. Polling Stations open 7am to 10pm

If you want a self serving, money grabbing group of born to rule toff's!

The Government are a sham - in total disarray over Europe, Academies, the NHS and the Junior Doctors, the deficit is rising month by month, every financial forecast by Osborne has been missed by a country mile, inequality and child poverty is rising, there are no homes that are affordable, elderly care homes are going to the wall, colossal budget cuts which are savaging local councils and tax breaks for the likes of google and multi-millionaires!

Why vote for this on a smaller scale?

[attachment deleted by admin]

simonesaffron

« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2016, 08:09:57 AM »
One thing I've noticed this year is a marked absence of canvassing.  I've not had anybody at my door, something I'm quite pleased about as in the past it could be a bit of a pest.

Has it though gone out of fashion and been replaced by social media?

JohnBates

« Reply #80 on: May 05, 2016, 06:27:14 AM »
Please remember to vote today. Polling Stations open 7am to 10pm

[attachment deleted by admin]

simonesaffron

« Reply #79 on: May 05, 2016, 06:10:01 AM »
Interesting take from @Michael Taylor on the local elections on his blog http://themarpleleaf.blogspot.com/2016/05/blog-post.html. For those of you who might not remember, Michael was the Labour party candidate for Hazel Grove in the 2015 general election.

Not very interesting really. Just a blatant plug for the Labour party as you would expect from Michael. Probably got a point about the lib dem leadership. Libdems in Stockport are starting to whiff a bit.

simonesaffron

« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2016, 06:06:55 AM »
I was tired - there's an election on! - sadly any drinks come after Thurs.

So that wasn't you I saw in Oldknows bar last week.

JMC

« Reply #77 on: May 04, 2016, 10:58:20 PM »
I wonder if he would stand again since he detests the current party leadership.

Howard

« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2016, 05:44:01 PM »
Interesting take from @Michael Taylor on the local elections on his blog http://themarpleleaf.blogspot.com/2016/05/blog-post.html. For those of you who might not remember, Michael was the Labour party candidate for Hazel Grove in the 2015 general election.

mikes

« Reply #75 on: May 04, 2016, 04:18:46 PM »
Well in Marple North it hasn't been a very interesting campaign.

In fact if it hadn't been for Kevin Dowling's much talked about posters and of course Kevin himself we would hardly have known that there was an election on.

What election????