Estate agency, done differently in Marple and District

Author Topic: Litter bugs  (Read 2804 times)

marplerambler

Re: Litter bugs
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2015, 01:55:33 PM »
The 'toss it out of the window' mentality tells me all I need to know about the standard service I would receive from the company. I don't know if I shall ever need scaffolding services but if I do, Marple Scaffolding Services shall be deleted from my list.

Harry

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2015, 09:49:01 PM »
Harry, have you got one of those dash-mounted cameras that people use to defend themselves from the unscrupulous?

No. Unfortunately. Otherwise I would have a recording of the act that could have been used for a prosecution.

Bowden Guy

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2015, 08:52:35 AM »
Harry, have you got one of those dash-mounted cameras that people use to defend themselves from the unscrupulous?

Middle wood

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 09:08:31 PM »
I wouldn't bother reporting to the council. I witnessed a car throwing all its takeaway packaging out of the window and was similarly outraged. I took the car number, description, time & place and reported it on the Council online littering service.

To be fair to them, they did call me back the next day but only to tell me that they don't prosecute or follow up car littering anymore. So no deterrent whatsoever for those that choose to do this.

I really can't understand why anyone thinks it is acceptable to just throw rubbish out of car instead of taking it home and disposing it in a bin properly.

amazon

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 06:57:01 PM »
I followed a vehicle belonging to Marple Scaffolding Services Ltd along Dooley Lane and up Stockport Road this afternoon. I was disgusted to witness empty plastic bottles being thrown out of the cab and on to the pavement and grass verge. Why can people not take their litter home and put it in a bin?

If somebody from Marple Scaffolding Services sees this post please have a word with whoever was in the vehicle PN05FEK this afternoon.
Report to council Harry .

Harry

Litter bugs
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 04:42:00 PM »
I followed a vehicle belonging to Marple Scaffolding Services Ltd along Dooley Lane and up Stockport Road this afternoon. I was disgusted to witness empty plastic bottles being thrown out of the cab and on to the pavement and grass verge. Why can people not take their litter home and put it in a bin?

If somebody from Marple Scaffolding Services sees this post please have a word with whoever was in the vehicle PN05FEK this afternoon.

[attachment deleted by admin]