Cole and Fox Interior Design Marple | Romiley | Stockport

Author Topic: Rose Hill - shop for sale!  (Read 12356 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Re: Rose Hill - shop for sale!
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2015, 08:11:31 PM »
Another post referring to race has been removed and this topic is now locked.

I think enough has been said and any further posts on the topic will be removed.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Condate

« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2015, 07:47:35 PM »
This is exactly the response I thought I would get. You missed my point, would there have been such an out cry if anyone had opened a shop next to premier foods? I think not judging by the majority of comments on here.

I've only lived in Marple for less than two years (and at the opposite end at that) and nearby for three before that. I don't know any of the people involved. However, in general I would not be at all happy at a convenience store opening next door to another, regardless of who was there first. That really shouldn't happen. That said, there does seem to be a lot of heat in this situation for some reason which is not apparent to those of us not closely involved. I have never visited either the Spar, or the Premier stores, simply because of the location, although I go past on the way to work. Both shops seemed busy and the survivor still does. It always seemed bizarre to me to see the two shops next to each other and I'm surprised it was allowed. It would have seemed equally bizarre if the Premier store had been there first. I don't think which came first has any relevance.

Premierstores

« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2015, 07:40:10 PM »
I agree with Duke Fame. In my opinion, Rose Hill can never support two similar convenience stores. It's always been my understanding that Mel didn't have other shops or businesses to prop up his store, whilst Raja/Premier could take a potential hit until the SPAR/Rose Hill Stores ceased trading. It's cold hard business. I think it was the proximity that upset some people; a new store didn't open across the road, or a few shops away. Premier opened next door to the SPAR with the knowledge they would simply outlast their neighbour.
marveld and dukefame I would like to bring it to your attention aswell that there is sufficient business  in marple for a few shops to survive if the products are price fairly you can run your shop against a supermarket in a local community  as we do see if a lot of different councils shops are doing business alongside supermarket's  we were both same small scale shops so can't see difficulties.
When we did hear they were saying they're finding it difficult  to survive and customers should prefer spar we didn't propose to mel  to get their business  evaluated from firm of their own choice and we'll pay them the the business value but they put their hatred in front as choose to rather close it for us to receive  this criticism after they've gone .

Premierstores

« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2015, 06:56:26 PM »
These are very serious allegations.  Is there any evidence for them?  I hope not.
I would like  to thank all the members who spoke up for us and actually  testify our innocence in regards  to allegations mostly made by people  who in there other posts claimed they have never  been in shop and we're arguing we were guilty.
I quoted this very post to ask all other members of group  and public that why nobody  asked the people spreading rumours about us to provide with evidence and  why have we always been slated for I will emphasise rumours  spread by our "honest neighbour" .

Premierstores

« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2015, 06:41:04 PM »
The Greggs position is slightly different being national companies. Mel's spar was a franchise where with hard work, could support a livelihood. Sharing the trade with a new aggressive neighbour made it impossible and the whole family were hit. That's said, although I could understand the desperation, certain actions and utterances were not acceptable imho.
well as per I have posted above aswell  we are sole trader  to owning just one shop to double check you can also check all Raja Bros are owned and possessed  by different owners and some of them are even registered as private limited companies with sole owners (can be checked on government  websites ). And I don't know how you define aggressive  as humbly if I can ask because  the total era we were trading together  we never took one unjust or aggressive step whereas  everyone do know he did took law in hand and even took away our rights many times for instance  blocking our entrance . Evn being unlawful we never reported him so that he don't get in trouble or his family and being calm let the people be judge although we could have got him done for it . But seeing  this today I realise  how unjust people can be at times :)

Premierstores

« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2015, 06:30:52 PM »
I agree with Duke Fame. In my opinion, Rose Hill can never support two similar convenience stores. It's always been my understanding that Mel didn't have other shops or businesses to prop up his store, whilst Raja/Premier could take a potential hit until the SPAR/Rose Hill Stores ceased trading. It's cold hard business. I think it was the proximity that upset some people; a new store didn't open across the road, or a few shops away. Premier opened next door to the SPAR with the knowledge they would simply outlast their neighbour.
I don't suppose any of you have done your homework before making allegations or accusations have ya? Raja Bros is a chain of shops which are all owned by sole owners which can obviously crossed  check by any individual  it's more like a franchise where you use same trading name and there was no potential  support by other stores which again don't know whose been spreading rumours about and last but not least we did take help from different financial  institutions  to help run business  which I think  would have been available to mel aswell.

strata62

« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2015, 06:13:53 PM »
This is exactly the response I thought I would get. You missed my point, would there have been such an out cry if anyone had opened a shop next to premier foods? I think not judging by the majority of comments on here.

chicken lady

« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2015, 05:44:06 PM »
But Mel  wouldn't have opened if Premier had been there! He and his wife bought the franchise because there was no other shop in Rose Hill.

strata62

« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2015, 04:58:05 PM »
Would people have been so upset for the people at Premier had they opened before Mel did.I would doubt so or am I being cynical.

Duke Fame

« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2015, 03:16:53 PM »
My high school age children use Premier and I have never heard anything bad about it. My husband also uses it sometimes. The only bad experience we had was a while back, at the height of the feud between the two stores, from the Spar owner who was quite aggressive to anyone using Premier. It is a shame they have been made out to be so bad yet Greenhalgh's etc opened near to Gregs and didn't get the same venom. I also agree that they seem to be unfairly slated on here.

The Greggs position is slightly different being national companies. Mel's spar was a franchise where with hard work, could support a livelihood. Sharing the trade with a new aggressive neighbour made it impossible and the whole family were hit. That's said, although I could understand the desperation, certain actions and utterances were not acceptable imho.

Cyberman

« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2015, 11:58:53 AM »
Agree entirely. For that reason, I've never been in Premier even though it would be really handy for me as I pass every day. However if other owners took over I would probably use it. Prospective buyers take note.

Barbara

« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2015, 11:26:43 AM »
Thank you for your prompt action Mark. 

marveld

« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2015, 10:45:05 AM »
That said, setting up right next to the old Spar did appear aggressive and whilst I agree competition is healthy there would only apear to be only so much business at Rose Hill and in the event someone was going to get hurt in a business sense.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2015, 08:47:02 AM »
References to race and racism will not be tolerated on this forum and are always removed.

Please do not make racist comments or make allegations of racism on here.

If you have evidence of racism please make them to the relevant authorities.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Barbara

« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2015, 08:19:33 AM »
If we are going to have comments like this appearing on the website, then I for one will boycott it!