A M Photo-Graphics

Author Topic: Boris, Dave, and now Nick  (Read 20573 times)

Disgusted of Marple

Re: Boris, Dave, and now Nick
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2015, 11:58:25 PM »
But Clegg has stated that he would be happy to form a coalition with either the Conservatives or Labour.

So a vote for Lisa Smart / Nick Clegg is a vote for either David Cameron or Ed Miliband. We just don't know which one.

Maybe in their manifesto, they could be clear on which policies are negotiable in the event of a coalition, say tuition fees, and which are non-negotiable, such as... erm... well, you get the idea anyway.

wheels

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2015, 06:02:40 PM »
What is also of interest is that if your correct Dave and we don't have a stable coalition as we have for the last 5 yrs with the Fixed Term Parliament Act I assume someone else is asked to form a Government if a minority Government is defeated rather then move to a further election as has been the case in the past.

Dave

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2015, 04:50:49 PM »
But Clegg has stated that he would be happy to form a coalition with either the Conservatives or Labour.

So a vote for Lisa Smart / Nick Clegg is a vote for either David Cameron or Ed Miliband. We just don't know which one.

Another coalition is looking increasingly unlikely, IMHO.  More likely is a Labour or Tory minority government supported by one or two other parties in a so-called 'confidence and supply' arrangement.  Labour/SNP + possibly LibDem?  Or Tory/LibDem/DUP? 

If the SNP win a shedload of seats, and the LibDems lose half of theirs, the former looks more likely to me. 

In 45 years of voting, I can't recall a more unpredictable or fascinating general election.  And the panic among the parties (notably the Tories) is palpable.  Hence the burst of wild promises: £8 billion a year more for the NHS; no more inheritance tax; free beer for ever (OK, I made that one up, but it wouldn't surprise me!). 

And then there's the Daily Mail's glorious headlines, which are beyond parody!:   

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3032823/Red-Ed-s-tangled-love-life-Miliband-s-wife-tells-fury-meeting-unattached-Ed-learn-seeing-hostess-just-one-number-relationships-women-clique.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3024983/SNP-s-Nicola-Sturgeon-tells-Ed-Miliband-ll-call-shots-now.html

tigerman

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2015, 04:33:39 PM »

amazon

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2015, 03:34:11 PM »
Comic genius, brilliant one-liner!

WHO .Duke or clegg .

Harry

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2015, 03:33:08 PM »
Clegg has surprised me as to quite how good he's been in Government, I hope he gets another 5 years with the Lib Dem / Conservative coalition.

tigerman

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2015, 03:08:05 PM »
Clegg has surprised me as to quite how good he's been in Government, I hope he gets another 5 years with the Lib Dem / Conservative coalition.

Comic genius, brilliant one-liner!

Duke Fame

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 01:41:57 PM »
He was meeting young performers at the Forum, apparently - presumably passing on some advice. The Cambridge dictionary defines actor as "someone who pretends to be someone else while performing in a film, play, or television or radio programme". Based on Nick's 2010 efforts, I can't think of anyone more suited.

Disgusted of Marple

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 11:40:40 PM »
He was meeting young performers at the Forum, apparently - presumably passing on some advice. The Cambridge dictionary defines actor as "someone who pretends to be someone else while performing in a film, play, or television or radio programme". Based on Nick's 2010 efforts, I can't think of anyone more suited.

sgk

Boris, Dave, and now Nick
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 10:54:52 PM »