A.C.M. Financial Services Ltd - for all aspects of financial planning

Author Topic: Dog poo fouled footpaths  (Read 42473 times)

amazon

Re: Dog poo fouled footpaths
« Reply #110 on: April 08, 2018, 09:45:57 PM »
The council is consulting on proposals to promote responsible dog ownership in the Borough.

https://consultation.stockport.gov.uk/policy-performance-and-reform/pspo-responsible-dog-ownership/

Here's a news release they have put out about it:

HAVE YOUR SAY ON RESPONSIBLE DOG OWNERSHIP

Stockport Council is consulting on proposals to promote responsible dog ownership in the Borough.

The Council understands that the majority of dog owners are responsible and look after both their dogs and their local environment. The Council, however, continues to receive complaints about dog fouling and irresponsible dog owners across the Borough.

In response to these complaints, the Council is consulting on proposals to introduce a number of additional measures that it believes will promote responsible dog ownership in the Borough.

These proposals include:

- Strengthen the existing provisions to prevent dog fouling by increasing the current fine from £50 to £100

- Excluding dogs from enclosed children’s play areas and other enclosed sports areas

- Requiring dogs to be kept on leads in cemeteries and around bowling greens

- No more than four dogs to be under the control of one person in parks and other public open areas

- Requiring people to have dog bags or the means to pick up after their dog when they are walking their dog

- Requiring people to put dogs on a lead when requested by an authorised officer

Residents have until 7th June 2018 to have their say at www.stockport.gov.uk/haveyoursay. Once this consultation has taken place, the Council will take a decision on what measures to introduce.

This is part of the ‘We Love Stockport – Be Proud of Where You Live’ campaign that is underway across the Borough.

Caroline Simpson, Corporate Director for Place at Stockport Council, said: “The Council is committed to improving the environment in Stockport but, unfortunately, dog fouling remains one of the biggest causes of complaints from residents. By doubling the fine from £50 to £100, we want to send a strong message that dog fouling is an environmental crime and we’ll prosecute those who don’t pick up after their dog.

“The other measures are designed to promote responsible dog ownership. We know the vast majority of dog owners are considerate and do care about the local environment, but we want to make sure that the Council’s greenspaces and public areas can be enjoyed by everybody.”

For more information visit www.stockport.gov.uk/haveyoursay
THEY ALLSO NEED TO INCREASE THE DOG BINS Go round etherrow dogs everywere but not many if any bins people are not going to walk around with it will dump it some were .

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #109 on: April 08, 2018, 05:11:53 PM »
The council is consulting on proposals to promote responsible dog ownership in the Borough.

https://consultation.stockport.gov.uk/policy-performance-and-reform/pspo-responsible-dog-ownership/

Here's a news release they have put out about it:

HAVE YOUR SAY ON RESPONSIBLE DOG OWNERSHIP

Stockport Council is consulting on proposals to promote responsible dog ownership in the Borough.

The Council understands that the majority of dog owners are responsible and look after both their dogs and their local environment. The Council, however, continues to receive complaints about dog fouling and irresponsible dog owners across the Borough.

In response to these complaints, the Council is consulting on proposals to introduce a number of additional measures that it believes will promote responsible dog ownership in the Borough.

These proposals include:

- Strengthen the existing provisions to prevent dog fouling by increasing the current fine from £50 to £100

- Excluding dogs from enclosed children’s play areas and other enclosed sports areas

- Requiring dogs to be kept on leads in cemeteries and around bowling greens

- No more than four dogs to be under the control of one person in parks and other public open areas

- Requiring people to have dog bags or the means to pick up after their dog when they are walking their dog

- Requiring people to put dogs on a lead when requested by an authorised officer

Residents have until 7th June 2018 to have their say at www.stockport.gov.uk/haveyoursay. Once this consultation has taken place, the Council will take a decision on what measures to introduce.

This is part of the ‘We Love Stockport – Be Proud of Where You Live’ campaign that is underway across the Borough.

Caroline Simpson, Corporate Director for Place at Stockport Council, said: “The Council is committed to improving the environment in Stockport but, unfortunately, dog fouling remains one of the biggest causes of complaints from residents. By doubling the fine from £50 to £100, we want to send a strong message that dog fouling is an environmental crime and we’ll prosecute those who don’t pick up after their dog.

“The other measures are designed to promote responsible dog ownership. We know the vast majority of dog owners are considerate and do care about the local environment, but we want to make sure that the Council’s greenspaces and public areas can be enjoyed by everybody.”

For more information visit www.stockport.gov.uk/haveyoursay
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

rsh

« Reply #108 on: March 23, 2016, 10:44:14 AM »
Not aimed at anyone but I can't help but say dogs are better kept on leads while ON canal paths too, unless they're exceptionally well trained. As a dog owner myself there seems no benefit for taking them off the lead there on a narrow linear path (not like in a wide open park area where they can run around) and if they're just meandering all over the place, as so many do, they can be annoying for other approaching dog walkers or cyclists.

ta41700

« Reply #107 on: March 21, 2016, 05:01:10 PM »
If Michael is so upset after witnessing the two dogs fouling near his home, has he thought of bagging the mess and taking it back to the owner of the dogs!  :D

simonesaffron

« Reply #106 on: March 20, 2016, 07:23:42 AM »
As Michael says "an accident could have occurred in the dark," so accept his explanation with grace.

Snowball, do you ever write about anything else on this site, only dog pooh?   

Snowball

« Reply #105 on: March 19, 2016, 10:59:28 PM »
1. The dogs are NEVER allowed on their own
2. The dogs are ALWAYS on a lead until WELL onto the canalpaths, as the roads are so busy and people do 50mph +++ late at night up Church Lane.
3. One of the dogs is very old and can lag behind on the canal path. It would not be beyond reasonable possibility that an "accident" would have occurred in the dark. If my attention had been brought to it, it would have cheerfully and speedily been dealt with
4. In December I purchased 500 "dog poo bags" which are always in my pocket. I have just put them on my shopping list -BECAUSE I HAVE ALMOST USED THEM ALL IN THREE MONTHS  !!
5. You obviously do not have the cojones to approach "the local publican" directly, but hide behind "R.H" - Pathetic Keyboard Warrior, peeping through windows. There is a front door in your house? USE IT !!

Why do you protest so much, I know of another pub in Marple with two dogs.

michael ringobells

« Reply #104 on: March 19, 2016, 04:34:49 PM »
As Cllr Geoff Abell recently pointed out on another thread:
1. The dogs are NEVER allowed on their own
2. The dogs are ALWAYS on a lead until WELL onto the canalpaths, as the roads are so busy and people do 50mph +++ late at night up Church Lane.
3. One of the dogs is very old and can lag behind on the canal path. It would not be beyond reasonable possibility that an "accident" would have occurred in the dark. If my attention had been brought to it, it would have cheerfully and speedily been dealt with
4. In December I purchased 500 "dog poo bags" which are always in my pocket. I have just put them on my shopping list -BECAUSE I HAVE ALMOST USED THEM ALL IN THREE MONTHS  !!
5. You obviously do not have the cojones to approach "the local publican" directly, but hide behind "R.H" - Pathetic Keyboard Warrior, peeping through windows. There is a front door in your house? USE IT !!

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #103 on: March 15, 2016, 05:54:22 AM »
If you have intelligence about the culprit then you should report it to the dog warden.

http://www.stockport.gov.uk/doitonline/az/dogfoulingproblems
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Rudolph Hucker

« Reply #102 on: March 14, 2016, 08:33:42 PM »
A local publican let his 2 dogs out unattended late last night. One of them crossed the road and, by the light of the streetlight opposite, it was seen to deposit a significant "load" onto the pavement. I would be amazed if that was an isolated occurrence (but obviously being late at night it won't be witnessed too often).

RH.

Dave

« Reply #101 on: January 07, 2016, 05:50:26 PM »
As Cllr Geoff Abell recently pointed out on another thread:
   Less funds from central government means something does have to give.  There is £21m less next year.

prestbury

« Reply #100 on: January 06, 2016, 09:45:41 PM »
I want to know what Stockport MBC are doing to address the problem in their Council area and particularly in Marple,
Apparently not a lot judging by the state of some of the waste bins.

Spotted yesterday and not on its own.

marplerambler

« Reply #99 on: December 13, 2015, 10:52:31 PM »
....walking the dog round the muddy tracks between Mellor Cross and New Mills Golf Club the other day, I came across this amusing example of the occasionally over-zealous approach to this issue.  :)

Brilliant!!!! :)

Dave

« Reply #98 on: December 13, 2015, 04:58:07 PM »
Although I share the general antipathy to dog poo articulated on this thread, I do think it's becoming a bit excessive.  It all started as an entirely reasonable and understandable wish to keep our pavements, parks and sports pitches clean, but maybe we are in danger of getting a bit obsessive about it.   For example, walking the dog round the muddy tracks between Mellor Cross and New Mills Golf Club the other day, I came across this amusing example of the occasionally over-zealous approach to this issue.  :)

GM

« Reply #97 on: November 16, 2015, 03:40:17 PM »
Its not about being obsessed about dog mess, its about the simple act of taking a minute to pick it up what your dog has left!.

If you take a walk along the canals, you see piles everywhere, if you own a dog pick it up and take it home.
People aren't paid to keep the footpaths, pavements and streets clean.

Other walkers & dog owners should be shaming each other and asking why your not carrying a full bag on your way home!.
I would even go as far as saying horse owners should stop and shovel, if they're riding along the canal tow paths!.

Maybe, the Marple website should host a name & shame campaign with a post your photo gallery of offending dog & owners ?.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #96 on: October 05, 2015, 07:13:06 PM »
Last week I saw a young chap out walking his brown labrador on the Marple end of Macc forest canal. The dog left a huge pile at the side in the grass. The owner made no attempt to pick it up. I walked past and wanted to say something. However after turning around a few times to check if it was being the scooped the owner hid in the bushes.

If you have intelligence about the culprit then you should report it to the dog warden. A photo and or description, date and time. You could also try to identify where the person lives.

http://www.stockport.gov.uk/doitonline/az/dogfoulingproblems

They seem to have changed the link recently btw.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website