Brabyns Preparatory School

Author Topic: XXL gym in goyt mill  (Read 11351 times)

corium

Re: XXL gym in goyt mill
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2015, 08:53:36 PM »
Found out tonight XXL has changed hands so prices may change as well. Was quiet (noise wise) tonight but yes the music can be blaring into a completely empty set of machines

amazon

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2015, 08:10:49 PM »

Hate being cold, busy on Thursdays and Sundays. Have a life thanks.
Tak days memorial park .. ;D

Paul Bennett

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2015, 10:41:37 AM »
Forget the gym, get a life and go out walking. Marple Ramblers offer walks of different grades on Thursdays and Sundays, Walkaday offer easy afternoon walks walks throughout the Stockport area, Manchester Coach Rambles will take you farther afield on alternate Sundays. All offer the option of a chat or some time to yourself. Peace and quiet rather than blasting music is the way to exercise!

Hate being cold, busy on Thursdays and Sundays. Have a life thanks.

Paul Bennett

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2015, 10:16:04 AM »
£20 a month with a year long contract
£25 a month with option to stop whenever
They have a per visit price as well, but I can't remember what that is. Prices as of Jan when I joined

Dizzy Penguin

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2015, 10:04:55 AM »
I can't find prices on their website. What are they?

Thanks

marplerambler

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 08:12:06 AM »
Forget the gym, get a life and go out walking. Marple Ramblers offer walks of different grades on Thursdays and Sundays, Walkaday offer easy afternoon walks walks throughout the Stockport area, Manchester Coach Rambles will take you farther afield on alternate Sundays. All offer the option of a chat or some time to yourself. Peace and quiet rather than blasting music is the way to exercise!

Paul Bennett

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 11:37:05 PM »
I find the air is bad for me there. Humidity and chlorine get to me.

amazon

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 09:45:29 PM »
I'm overweight and I'd like to not die of a heart attack. My knees are shot so I need low impact equipment to train on. My house is small so I don't have space for a cross trainer or equivalent kit.

So I go to the gym, and the closest is the XXL at goyt mill. It's decent. Lots of machines, good opening times, flexible terms. Not too expensive.
But dear god the music is terrible. Bad club mixes played at a constant 95 db. (Technically the staff need hearing protection)
It's not loud everywhere though, just on the cardio suite and the women only bit. Every day is a real test of will to go and put up with the music.

Am I being silly, or has this driven other people away? Would folks be more inclined to join if the music were at a lower level, where you could listen to your MP3 player without risking hearing damage?
Can't you get to marple Baths .they have keep fit stuff there.

Paul Bennett

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 09:15:09 PM »
The good news is that they wil turn it down if you ask, but you'll need to ask every damn time.

Paul Bennett

XXL gym in goyt mill
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 07:36:09 PM »
I'm overweight and I'd like to not die of a heart attack. My knees are shot so I need low impact equipment to train on. My house is small so I don't have space for a cross trainer or equivalent kit.

So I go to the gym, and the closest is the XXL at goyt mill. It's decent. Lots of machines, good opening times, flexible terms. Not too expensive.
But dear god the music is terrible. Bad club mixes played at a constant 95 db. (Technically the staff need hearing protection)
It's not loud everywhere though, just on the cardio suite and the women only bit. Every day is a real test of will to go and put up with the music.

Am I being silly, or has this driven other people away? Would folks be more inclined to join if the music were at a lower level, where you could listen to your MP3 player without risking hearing damage?