Brabyns Preparatory School -Scholarships

Author Topic: Having a bit of a clear-out....  (Read 5996 times)

Duke Fame

Re: Having a bit of a clear-out....
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2014, 08:09:49 AM »
Can we list stuff for sale through this forum or not? I can't see a section for it. Thought it makes more sense to offer some of my stuff to local folk rather than go through the hassle of posting stuff via ebay.

If you have any records, list a taster, I may take them

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2014, 12:52:21 AM »
It's not really a "swap shop". Some donate, others receive.
You are, of course, correct, Bowden. I was over-simplifying. You swop clutter for space  :)

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2014, 12:50:13 AM »
I tried a free Classified Ads system some years ago but it was abused quite badly so I took it off-line.

Since then one or two folks have offered things for free in the Miscellaneous section but as far as I can remember that's it.

What's the view of regular users?
Is a for sale or swap something that may be of value?
What might the drawbacks be?
If I were you, I'd probably not bother. There are plenty of outlets for unwanted items and as you say there is endless scope for misuse

Bowden Guy

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2014, 08:23:14 PM »
It's not really a "swap shop". Some donate, others receive.

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2014, 01:35:29 PM »
Can we list stuff for sale through this forum or not? I can't see a section for it. Thought it makes more sense to offer some of my stuff to local folk rather than go through the hassle of posting stuff via ebay.
Why not donate it to a charity shop. Some take and will collect even quite large pieces of furniture. It gets the stuff off your hands quicker and with less hassle than selling. And it benefits the community.

Have you tried Stockport Freegle (used to be Freecycle before the shake up)? It's a sort of swop shop. You don't sell things but you post  what you want rid of on the website and the person who wants it collects it.

Tricky

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2014, 09:48:06 AM »
Why not?

In a separate part of the forum.

Those who are uninterested need not look

The forum is for registered users only so don't see why it's an issue
meh

Dizzy Penguin

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2014, 09:01:00 AM »
Sites like Freecycle and Freegle are already well-established. We have given away a lot of stuff over the last 12 months and have also received a couple of useful items.

Yes I understand that. I just liked the idea of "Hey neighbours, I've got a large bin bag full of dvd's, anyone living near Ridge Road want to take them? Xmas pressies for the kids or just to have yourselves. I've also got a bag full of baby clothes & toddler toys too if anyone fancies them?"

Never mind. All taken to the charity shop now anyway.

What's the view of regular users? Is a for sale or swap something that may be of value? What might the drawbacks be?

I wouldn't bother....

Bowden Guy

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2014, 08:25:05 AM »
Sites like Freecycle and Freegle are already well-established. We have given away a lot of stuff over the last 12 months and have also received a couple of useful items.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2014, 04:08:18 PM »
I tried a free Classified Ads system some years ago but it was abused quite badly so I took it off-line.

Since then one or two folks have offered things for free in the Miscellaneous section but as far as I can remember that's it.

What's the view of regular users?
Is a for sale or swap something that may be of value?
What might the drawbacks be?
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

JMC

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2014, 11:40:29 AM »
If you are on Facebook, there is a Marple for Sale or Swap group which is very good. I have used it and things go much quicker than bay and it is easier.

Dizzy Penguin

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2014, 10:33:33 AM »
Well I didn't want to turn it into another ebay, I just thought there might be a section on the forum purely for the intention of selling/giving stuff away etc. But it appears not and I wouldn't want to list stuff randomly all over the forum.

@Henrietta - thank you, very helpful, I think I will try them - thanks :)

amazon

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2014, 10:22:53 PM »
Sell for free? Interesting concept!
You have to pay a percentage on eBay .i presume she wants to sell on the marple website for free .
I'm sure you will corect me if I'm wrong .

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2014, 09:11:53 PM »

There's a second-hand shop on Stockport road in the block above the Tao Xi Chinese place. that might probably buy it off you if you asked. They do house clearances.

chicken lady

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 08:38:47 PM »
Sell for free? Interesting concept!

amazon

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 07:20:24 PM »
So you want to sell for free .Dont think this website needs to be turned into another ebay .......