Become a CAREGiver with Home Instead in Marple, Glossop, New Mills and High Peak areas

Author Topic: wheel reinvented for a quarter of the portas money??  (Read 19976 times)

Duke Fame

Re: wheel reinvented for a quarter of the portas money??
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2014, 10:16:57 PM »
That's absolutely brilliant Tricky!

In fairness to Dave's earlier aqueduct/viaduct problem the tag line does seem to have rather excluded the railways. I wonder if bringing a steam train into Marple might pull in some visitors - it seems to work elsewhere. Just a thought.

I think that may cost a little more than £10k and would just be a one off.

Also, if Rambler's idea of nationalisation happens, private trains would not be allowed.

amazon

« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2014, 07:28:42 PM »

In fairness to Dave's earlier aqueduct/viaduct problem the tag line does seem to have rather excluded the railways. I wonder if bringing a steam train into Marple might pull in some visitors - it seems to work elsewhere. Just a thought.

You try and bring one in .theres one in at stockport tomorrow if not cancelled .scarborough Flyer .also on the.
29 .and the 5 September .

Phil

« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2014, 07:15:39 PM »
Tricky makes a very good point.  Looks like Tilley have engaged in a little bit of plagiarism!   :o

Not a bit of it. To create 2 additional holes in a structural form of that size and age in the time it takes for the canal boat to move from the middle to one end is not mean feat. Credit where credit is due!

RH.

Dave

« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2014, 10:02:53 AM »
Tricky makes a very good point.  Looks like Tilley have engaged in a little bit of plagiarism!   :o

hollins

« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2014, 04:02:38 PM »

tricky

« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2014, 03:39:31 PM »
So does 'wheel reinvented for a quarter of the portas money??' mean that Tilley's fee was £2.5K.  If so, that's surprisingly reasonable.

What a bargain.. Money totally well spent.. especially when there was absolutely nothing remotely like it before...

etc..

meh

Duke Fame

« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2014, 11:25:47 AM »
CTCREP

I seem to remember that Marple Hall School would have been involved in conjuring up designs for an information board and a town tourist trail if the original Portas bid had been successful.

If councillors are on the Marple Vision Partnership, is this why £2500 has been wasted?

Councillors should not be on the Portas teams, the whole point is that the council staff have been hopelessly inadequate when in comes to understanding what makes retail business tick so the budget is passed to people with a real interest in the area.

Dave

« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2014, 09:41:40 AM »
So it is! (Doh......)  :-[

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2014, 08:44:54 AM »
with its profile of the viaduct in the shape of M (for Marple).....  

It's the Aqueduct Dave!

Dave

« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2014, 07:36:34 AM »
I am more than disappointed that this money has been spent on a Logo which have little to do with encouraging visitors.

That's a curious observation, considering that the logo, with its profile of the viaduct in the shape of M (for Marple) and the strap line 'hills, mills and canals', is obviously designed solely to achieve that aim.  Whether it succeeds or not we shall see in due course. 

Berni inn

« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2014, 11:38:05 PM »
CTCREP

I seem to remember that Marple Hall School would have been involved in conjuring up designs for an information board and a town tourist trail if the original Portas bid had been successful.

If councillors are on the Marple Vision Partnership, is this why £2500 has been wasted?

Duke Fame

« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2014, 10:21:30 AM »
Thanks for the explanation Mark.

Keep us updated CTrep, it would be nice to see how the Portas group can get these things through when the red tape of councils can stutter.

To me, it's exactly the way portas can bring their collective experience to the table where the council's experience is a little limited.

CTCREP

• Cycle Stockport
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2014, 07:15:04 PM »
Thanks for the explanation Mark.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2014, 03:06:33 PM »
You can't insert an image using this button: unless the image is already on the Internet. In that case you insert the full url of the image between the img commands. You cannot insert an image that is on your PC Desktop because nobody else will have access to it. But you can attach the image as per the help link so long as it is smaller than the maximum size, which you've now managed to do. You can attach any type of file, not just a gif. You can insert any image type via the button:   - gif, jpg, png (so long as it exists on the Internet already).

CTCREP

• Cycle Stockport
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2014, 02:23:24 PM »
Hmm, that didn't work

/Users/defaultuser/Desktop/DSC00325.jpg

I have added an attachment to see if that works.

[attachment deleted by admin]