A.C.M. Financial Services Ltd - for all aspects of financial planning

Author Topic: Where do the atheists live?  (Read 3530 times)

Dave

Re: Where do the atheists live?
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 12:45:15 PM »
I wonder how many people left that blank on the basis that it's no-one's business but their own and therefore were counted as atheists?

An interesting point, although exploring the page on that link just now, I noticed that there had also been a 'religion not stated' category on the census form, so presumably the 'mind your own business' group would appear there?

If you look at 'health' on that DataShine page, you'll see that the inhabitants of North Marple enjoy much better health than those of South Marple.  It must be the bracing breezes in these northern latitudes.  ;D  Or maybe prayer does work after all.   ;)

Mr Marple

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 11:22:02 AM »
Maybe something to do with:And people therefore earning more along with the price of houses in north Marple.

So you're saying serve the christ and become rich?

ringi

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 03:11:35 PM »
 Maybe something to do with:
“Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but like slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart. Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men, because you know that the Lord will reward everyone for whatever good he does, whether he is slave or free.”
And people therefore earning more along with the price of houses in north Marple.

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 07:05:13 PM »
This came from a Guardian article of the same title, Where do the atheists live?. The datashine.org.uk site visualises census data superimposed over a map. There are some very interesting visualisations for all sorts of data (health, housing, travel to work etc.) but the religion one is fascinating. It shows many of the area with populations descended from non-white immigrants are significantly more religious than other areas (Bradford massively so, although Liverpool is an exception). You can also see a kind of apartheid where geographic areas are very different; Sheffield and Leicester the best examples.

I zoomed in on Marple at the following link:
http://datashine.org.uk/#zoom=14&lat=53.39774&lon=-2.06861&layers=BTTT&table=QS208EW&col=QS208EW0009&ramp=RdBu

Marple North appears to be significantly more religious than Marple South. I wonder why that is, particularly as most of the churches are in Marple South.
I wonder how many people left that blank on the basis that it's no-one's business but their own and therefore were counted as atheists?

And what about the agnostics?

Howard

Where do the atheists live?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 03:25:47 PM »
This came from a Guardian article of the same title, Where do the atheists live?. The datashine.org.uk site visualises census data superimposed over a map. There are some very interesting visualisations for all sorts of data (health, housing, travel to work etc.) but the religion one is fascinating. It shows many of the area with populations descended from non-white immigrants are significantly more religious than other areas (Bradford massively so, although Liverpool is an exception). You can also see a kind of apartheid where geographic areas are very different; Sheffield and Leicester the best examples.

I zoomed in on Marple at the following link:
http://datashine.org.uk/#zoom=14&lat=53.39774&lon=-2.06861&layers=BTTT&table=QS208EW&col=QS208EW0009&ramp=RdBu

Marple North appears to be significantly more religious than Marple South. I wonder why that is, particularly as most of the churches are in Marple South.