Michelle Reynolds Podiatrist, Marple

Author Topic: DAYLIGHT ROBBERY  (Read 3404 times)

DAYLIGHT ROBBERY
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2004, 09:11:22 AM »
I'm not at all surprised that we have an increase in crime and vandalism in Marple.

When you next see one of our councillors, just ask him, or her, why they allow more and more hostels for young offenders to be opened in Marple. Of course it is possible that they have no say in the matter, in which case I think they should be publicising the problem so that we, the residents, can make our voices heard.

A recent topic mentioned problems on Hibbert Lane. I believe there are four hostels in that area alone.

If they keep importing these young criminals, of course we are going to have problems.

alison

DAYLIGHT ROBBERY
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2004, 10:20:09 PM »
I don't disagree with the sentiments here - but i do think that more would be acheived by writing to / visiting at surgeries the local councillors and the local MP. they were elected to act on your behalf, and the more contact they get from concerned residents (and perhaps if no response the odd embarrasment in local / national media) the more likely something is to happen. It is after all what they are paid for.

Alison

orangewhip

DAYLIGHT ROBBERY
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2004, 04:25:35 PM »
But who will organise such a petition?
Can it be done on-line? (registration counting as a signature sort of thing, only allow register once to avoid repetition.)

':O'

DAYLIGHT ROBBERY
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2004, 04:02:12 PM »
That is disgraceful that that sort of thing occured.  But is very very sad that it does not suprise me.  Only last february my card was vandalise and I was attacked alongside my wife outside the Golden Flower.  

This is getting worse make no joke, lets get a petition sorted out for more police to be in marple.  These scallies must be stopped before someone gets really hurt!  Believe you me its only just round the corner!

orangewhip

DAYLIGHT ROBBERY
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2004, 03:27:01 PM »
It is shocking to hear of incidents like this in Marple, hope you are reunited with your phone if it was police marked or anything.
I have lived here for a long time and have definitely noticed a deterioration in terms of safety.  Yet it is only in the past three years that a criminal element has emerged en masse, in my observation.
Re-opening Marple Police Station would be a good start to help.
 ':cool:'

Susyb

DAYLIGHT ROBBERY
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2004, 01:49:38 PM »
I was walking home from the co-op yesterday using my usual short cut through the footpath at the bottom of Hollins Green Road to Station Road. Four youths pushed passed knocking some of my shopping out of my hand.They were very apologetic and helped to pick it up but it was only later on that day I discovered my handbag had been opened and my mobile phone taken. I find it sickening that this sort of thing is going on in broad daylight in Marple. You might expect it in Manchester but not walking home in the middle of the day from your local shops. We moved here 4 years ago and have felt a definate decline in the safety of the place. At least someone will be getting a nice christmas present!!