Brabyns Preparatory School -Nurture. Engage. Achieve.

Author Topic: Texaco GARAGE  (Read 5375 times)

alan@marple

Texaco GARAGE
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2005, 08:17:15 PM »
Considering the fact that this topic, has been the subject  of concern on a number of occasions, I am somewhat surprised to read that one of our elected representatives is not aware of what has been causing concern to residents.

It is pleasing to read that Mr Pike is taking an interest in what is going on, not only at Texaco but around the district generally and I can only but recommend that he takes a tour around the web forum.

Thank you Mr Pike, perhaps something might be seen to be done now.

stuartpike78

Texaco GARAGE
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2005, 04:53:30 PM »
Re: CCTV at Texaco / Shirley Avenue

I am very intrigued to hear about these criminal and anti-social activities going in on Marple. Perhaps I could help nip it in the bud by writing an article about it in the Stockport Express.
I have spoken to Councillor Candler and he is unaware of this problem but would be most interested to know.
If anyone has any direct experience of these sorts of activities going on please give me a ring on the number below or email me at stockportexpress@gmwn.co.uk.

Thanks

Stuart Pike
Marple & Mellor Reporter
Stockport Express & Times
Direct tel: 0161 475 4823

Texaco GARAGE
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2004, 05:19:20 PM »
I use to work at the garage, and obviously the garage has had a number of incidents regarding the kids that hang about there, paticurlary friday/sat nights. Its about time cctv was fitted on the garage forecourt. This lack of cctv on the forecourt isnt to do with the police, its to do with texaco's policy of marple not being area they deem in "urgent" need of cctv. There was one incident i heard of, about some kids nicking lighter fuel and disappearing around the back of the garage with it. Obviously the person working wa concerned and phoned the police, to which he was told they had no free units and he would have to wait til after 7am. Considering this worker reported this at 5am, and the garage is needless to say a very serious potential fire hazard, i think this is ludricous.

Im sure when texaco cheifs get off their bums and install some kind of cctv on the forecourt, this problem will be reduced. At the moment, ALL the kids know there is no cctv and this just adds to the problem

orangewhip

Texaco GARAGE
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2004, 11:24:17 AM »
thought I'd put a post on here yesterday about this topic...must've dreamt it.
Would any Marplians be interested in signing a petition which could be handed into the police or our local councillor?
It's true that if we really want change we must strive to achieve this together...

Howard

Texaco GARAGE
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2004, 10:10:22 AM »
Have you actually made an official complaint to the police?

It's all very well moaning about it on this message board, but unless someone actually makes an official complaint to the police in Stockport backed up with canvassing their local councillors, the police will not do anything about it. If nothing is done once you've complained about it then you can escalate it up the chain of command until you reach someone who will take some notice.

Texaco GARAGE
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2004, 12:50:26 PM »
Its a hot summers day, you want to go for a nice, refreshing walk down the canal with your dogs. But your peace is suddenly shattered when you come across youngsters doing anything possible to create problems!
I often find this annoying when i want some peace and quite, Marple should be a place of tranquility! Not graffiti, rubbish, abuse and theft! The house prices do not reflect on this attitude..... Marple is already been heard of as "getting rough"! Surely this isn't the kind of community you want to watch your grand/children growing up in! I 100% agree that this is a serious issue and it won't do Marple any favours if it's always going to be ignored.

Texaco GARAGE
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2004, 10:17:22 AM »
Its simple you have a overt presence in terms of enforceable policing and this problem stops over night.  The 'scallies' will want to be seen by the police.  They drink and do drugs so they won't want to be there.  

Community police officers are a good idea but in practice as these parasites get more used to the idea they will realise they do not have the same powers as a normal police officer.  Its simple either do nothing and the town will become a no go area, or do something.

Its sad but the only way I can think of solving this problem is if marple raised its own cash to fund a police patrol or suchlike, sounds crazy but what else can be done?  

Simple Target a sustained presence on the following areas:
Texaco Garage area
Market Street
The Hollins(near bargain booze)
Memorial Park

There you go and anywhere else there are problems. To me these are the main ones.  So police take note! Its there in writing do please do something!

alan@marple

Texaco GARAGE
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2004, 04:39:44 PM »
Until recently, our two community police support officers, were always to be seen out and about. They did a wonderful job. Now they have been moved away from Marple. I understand we have a new support officer, who has to look after Hazel Grove, High Lane and Marple, a lot of work for one person, I have not seen the officer yet, has anyone else?

orangewhip

Texaco GARAGE
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2004, 03:33:55 PM »
It is heartbreaking to see the quiet peaceful town of Marple ruined by these runts, yet somehow it was always inevitable, partly because Marple is so quiet.  The Memorial Park is also an obvious place for them to run into if the police put in a cameo.  
I'm no Daily Mail reader but I wouldn't mind seeing a police presence in Marple on weekends.

Texaco GARAGE
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2004, 02:40:43 PM »
I agree with you Shirley, I am 24 and when I was at Marple Hall in the mid nineties the exact same thing has gone on then.  I have been away from marple for a number of years and came back this weekend just gone.  NOTHING has changed!  It is pathetic, the police do nothing, they know who it is that causes all these problems yet do nothing about it.
The top of Marple is now getting the same, Zero tolerance is the only way.  Why on earth the council gave permission for the bargain booze store to be opened there is beyond me.  The 'top' end of marple never had a 'scally' problem and now these pests are causing intimidation to all kinds of people.  Why do the genuine people of such a nice village have to put up with thing like this.. The council taxes, house prices do not justify the way the area is being run.

So police if you can't do anything report to someone who can, you guys will jump on me if I have done 5mph over the speed limit yet all these scallies dealing in drugs underage drinking, stealing, abusing old people get away with it. Or is it just to much like hard work?

alan@marple

Texaco GARAGE
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2004, 09:33:14 PM »
I hope that the police will make a response to The Texaco item

Texaco GARAGE
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2004, 01:48:44 AM »
WHY CANT THE POLICE SEE WHAT IS UNDER THEIR NOSES,KIDS ON MOUNTAIN BIKES WAITING FOR DRUG DROP OFFS AT TEXACO GARAGE,THEY WAIT,CARS PULL UP THINGS HANDED OUT OF CAR WINDOWS,THEY HOP ON THEIR BIKES AND THEN GO DELIVERING,WE CAN ALL SEE IT (WHY CANT THE POLICE ?, ALSO THE PASSAGE BEHIND THE WALL LEADING ONTO SHIRLEY AVE, ALWAYS FULL OF KIDS(OUT OF CCTV SHOT) HANDING PLASTIC BAGS OVER,ALSO WAITING FOR WHAT I WONDER, AND NOT LONG AGO A FRIEND OF MINE HAD HER HANDBAG TAKEN FROM (HER KITCHEN WORKTOP) IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY WHILE SHE WAS HANGING OUT WASHING, WHERE DID WE FIND IT, DOWN THE SIDE OF THE TEXACO GARAGE CAR WASH,OF COURSE VALUABLES GONE,I THINK ALL THE THIEVES IN MARPLE KNOW THAT A NICE LITTLE PASSAGE (ALL OUT OF SIGHT) IS LOCATED BEHIND THE HOUSES ON CHURCH LANE AND IF THEY WALK TO THE BOTTOM OF IT IT LEADS OUT AT THE SIDE OF THE GARAGE WITH A NICE POINT AT THE CORNER TO EMPTY WHATEVER THEY HAVE STOLEN AND THROW THE REMAINDER OVER THE WALL INTO THE GARAGE, ANYONE ELSE ANYTHING TO SAY ABOUT THIS TOPIC