Market Research Company | Marple Stockport

Author Topic: Swings, railings etc gone  (Read 20515 times)

gazwhite

Re: Swings, railings etc gone
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2014, 08:49:42 PM »
It wouldn't wash in the private sector... Budgets cut there too, but targets stretched... People are delivering more, with less...

Dave

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2014, 04:42:41 PM »
The workmen told me the swings were being removed as they were deemed dangerous and there is currently no funding for replacements.

A very sad reflection on the times we live in.  Whatever the economic problems we face, our councillors have clearly got their priorities wrong. 

marveld

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 03:16:11 PM »
I've just driven past the rec and encountered a shock to see the swings and rails etc have been taken away.
Whether this is for a new layer of tarmac or not it has come as a bit of a shock.

Does anyone know the reason? Is it down to tarmac?

The workmen told me the swings were being removed as they were deemed dangerous and there is currently no funding for replacements. The tarmac is being lifted and replaced with grass. The benches on the separate strip of tarmac are to remain.

Mr Marple

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 02:29:02 PM »
Between Strines Rd & Oldknow Rd.

Lily

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 01:51:09 PM »
Which rec?

Mr Marple

Swings, railings etc gone
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 01:47:10 PM »
I've just driven past the rec and encountered a shock to see the swings and rails etc have been taken away.
Whether this is for a new layer of tarmac or not it has come as a bit of a shock.

Does anyone know the reason? Is it down to tarmac?