Marple based web design | Websites That Work For You!

Author Topic: The Co-op asks us how they can improve their store - let's tell them!  (Read 42793 times)

My login is Henrietta

Re: The Co-op asks us how they can improve their store - let's tell them!
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2014, 11:07:44 PM »
I did the survey this morning, it took around twenty minutes and didn't crash. Found it a bit repetitive, and some of the questions a bit limited, like they were leading me down a particular route, but it's definitely worth having your say. And yes, I've a vested interest as I used to work for the cooperative group before they split the bank off, but the new boss does seem to have the expertise, and drive, to get the coop to pull its socks up so give them a chance.

Alison
Repetition is standard in this sort of survey. It's a way of sorting the sheep from the goats.

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2014, 11:04:56 PM »
I've spent a very frustrating half hour trying to do the survey, was putting the world to rights about what they should and shouldn't do and about half way through it appeared to go back to the start. I carried on and there was a mix of the questions I'd already had but some that I hadn't seen before, so I continued for another 15 minutes but then it all crashed with this screenshot as the final result and all my wise advice has been lost.

Now I get this error even if I try to start again. Tragic!

Anyone managed to do it all the way through?
I completed it in about 20 minutes (mostly thinking time) and I got the error message at about 79% but followed the instructions and was able to resume where I'd left off.

Barbara

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2014, 10:13:40 PM »
Completed the survey - no probs and it took about 20 minutes.  As I have said before, I do appreciate the ethical stance of the Co-Op and hope it can get back on track. 

amazon

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2014, 09:45:40 PM »
I did the survey this morning, it took around twenty minutes and didn't crash. Found it a bit repetitive, and some of the questions a bit limited, like they were leading me down a particular route, but it's definitely worth having your say. And yes, I've a vested interest as I used to work for the cooperative group before they split the bank off, but the new boss does seem to have the expertise, and drive, to get the coop to pull its socks up so give them a chance.

Alison
.   Times running out . We need change .for marple .

alison

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2014, 09:34:23 PM »

Alison

amazon

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 09:08:30 PM »
I've spent a very frustrating half hour trying to do the survey, was putting the world to rights about what they should and shouldn't do and about half way through it appeared to go back to the start. I carried on and there was a mix of the questions I'd already had but some that I hadn't seen before, so I continued for another 15 minutes but then it all crashed with this screenshot as the final result and all my wise advice has been lost.

Yes took me about three quarters of a hour . It's slow you have to wait for next page try again it could be busy time .like you say repeats itself .they do get your email at the end and a chance to win a telly yippee . Big deal
I used this to get on giving these out in the coop this afternoon .wwwhaveyoursay.coop . Don't know if you went this way .should be a dot after www.

Dave

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 05:36:31 PM »
Good post, Henry, and I agree that those of us who like to whinge about the Co-op should take the opportunity to tell the organisation what we think, in a constructive way.   I've done the online survey, but, I have to confess, with little confidence that it will make a difference as far as the Co-op in Marple is concerned. 

Henry asks:
So how do you think the Co-op compares with, say, Morrisons in Bredbury or Sainsburys in Hazel Grove?

The reality is that there is no comparison.  Someone on this forum recently described the Marple Co-op as 'a glorified convenience store', and that sums it up.  It is much smaller than Morrison's or Sainsbury's, it has a limited range of products and higher prices across the board.  Which is why we all vote with our feet (or should I say our wheels) and do our supermarket shopping elsewhere.  As I wrote on another thread recently, we are spending about £27 million every year at supermarkets outside Marple - far more than we spend at the Co-op. 

Tinsley writes 'close it', but if that happened (and the Co-op nationally is in such disarray that nothing can be ruled out), I'm not sure a 'proper' supermarket chain would be interested in taking the site - they may regard it as too small.  We might get a Tesco Metro or Sainsbury's Local, but they are even more expensive than the Co-op.........   :o

So I fear Henry is depressingly correct when he writes:
With the Hibbart Lane Asda planning application now history, and doubts over whether we will ever see a supermarket on Chadwick Street, it looks like we will be stuck with the Co-op as our only supermarket for several years to come.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 05:31:17 PM »

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

TINSLEY

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 05:28:27 PM »
Close it.

Bowden Guy

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 04:45:38 PM »
It's very telling that your first request is that they should stock their shelves. Shouldn't this be an absolute minimum for any retail enterprise?

guy

The Co-op asks us how they can improve their store - let's tell them!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 04:27:03 PM »
See this link: http://www.co-operative.coop/corporate/Press/Press-releases/Headline-news/have-your-say/ .The Co-op is asking its customers to help shape the future of the organisation. Amongst other things it is asking what the Co-op could do to improve its goods and services. Its chief executive Euan Sutherland, is quoted as saying: “In recent years the Co-operative has lost touch with its customers and members and with the communities in which it operates – we haven’t been listening. If we are to successfully serve the communities in which we operate, to become as relevant today as we were in the past, we need to hear directly from the communities and the people we serve.”

There’s been some criticisms of the Co-op supermarket on this forum in the past. With the Hibbart Lane Asda planning application now history, and doubts over whether we will ever see a supermarket on Chadwick Street, it looks like we will be stuck with the Co-op as our only supermarket for several years to come. So let’s take the Co-op at their word, and tell them what improvements we, the customers, would like to see in our supermarket. If we can make some constructive criticisms and comments on this forum, the Co-op might take them on board. And, who knows, we may end up with a supermarket on our doorstep that we really want to visit!

So what changes and improvements would we like to see in our Co-op? Personally, I would like to see better stocked shelves. How often do we go in and find empty gaps instead of the items we want? There are also quite a few items - not necessarily at the exotic end of the scale - which the Co-op doesn't stock at all. For a big supermarket shop we have to go out of Marple to either Bredbury or Hazel Grove for the best chance of coming home with all the items we need.

So how do you think the Co-op compares with, say, Morrisons in Bredbury or Sainsburys in Hazel Grove? What would you like the Co-op managers to do to bring the Co-op up to their standards? They’ve asked for our opinions, so let’s tell them!