Marple based web design | Websites That Work For You!

Author Topic: The Co-op asks us how they can improve their store - let's tell them!  (Read 42945 times)

Dave

Re: The Co-op asks us how they can improve their store - let's tell them!
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2014, 12:02:17 AM »
All these people saying they don't want this and they don't that.We have finished up with nothing. Quite sad.

Indeed.  But that had little to do with egos.  On the contrary, if anything I think the opponents of the Hibbert Lane scheme may even have been suffering from a lack of egotism, in that they were without the self-confidence and vision to see that Marple could and should be a 'proper' town, with all the facilities which go with that, including a modern sixth form college and a proper supermarket, and that these things need not necessarily drive good local shops out of business.

Howard

« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2014, 10:32:43 PM »
I can assure I don't make vague noises. All these people saying they don't want this and they don't that.We have finished up with nothing. Quite sad.

Thought so. Nothing of any substance to say.

TINSLEY

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2014, 09:42:38 PM »
Listening to the unelected mouth people of marple. Quite sad. End of story and I do run a business in marple.

amazon

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2014, 09:10:00 PM »
I can assure I don't make vague noises. All these people saying they don't want this and they don't that.We have finished up with nothing. Quite sad.
And whose fault do you think it is .that the Hibert lane fiasco was scraped .

TINSLEY

« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2014, 07:53:02 PM »

Howard

« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2014, 06:56:04 PM »
Not really. I like their ethical stance but their pricing is too high and logistics management is poor. However, our opinion was that an Asda on Hibbert Lane wasn't the right option.

Now that I've answered, please explain whose egos prevented an Asda on Hibbert Lane because all you've done is make vague noises which seem to imply some sort of conspiracy.

TINSLEY

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2014, 06:28:31 PM »
So your happy with the co-op.

Howard

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2014, 06:21:04 PM »
My wife doesn't shop in Helen Wintersons anymore.

Neither does mine but we were the opposite of you in that we didn't want the Hibbert Lane supermarket here.  Make your point without the cryptic clues.

TINSLEY

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2014, 04:48:04 PM »
My wife doesn't shop in Helen Wintersons anymore.

amazon

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2014, 04:32:58 PM »
If you can't be bothered answering properly then why should anyone care what you say? If you think it was driven by ego rather than nimbyism then explain who you think it was.
Good point there Howard .

Howard

« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2014, 04:28:52 PM »
Take your pick.

If you can't be bothered answering properly then why should anyone care what you say? If you think it was driven by ego rather than nimbyism then explain who you think it was.

Duke Fame

« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2014, 02:53:41 PM »
I think we need to appreciate that this survey is not actually about what is wrong with our beloved supermarket.   It's about the whole massive Cooperative Organisation - the food stores, yes, but also the funeral service, the bank, the insurance company, the travel agencies, the pharmacies, etc etc. 

And above all it's about the politics of the organisation, and notably whether it should continue to provide financial support of up to £1 million per year to the Cooperative Party (which is in effect a branch of the Labour Party). 

So sadly, I doubt whether this survey will have any effect at all on the Marple Co-op.   :(

I do try and avoid the co-op because of it's political donations. Horrible, Horrible people.

TINSLEY

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2014, 02:13:40 PM »
Take your pick.

Dave

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2014, 12:48:08 PM »
That's interesting.    Who are these egotists, then?  Marple in Action?  Marple Business Forum?

TINSLEY

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2014, 08:22:40 AM »
Nothing to do with councilors.