Marple Glass and Glazing

Author Topic: Access to your medical records.. ?  (Read 4770 times)

sgk

Re: Access to your medical records.. ?
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2015, 07:35:41 PM »
The HSCIC scheme wouldn't help there, it doesn't provide that.  It's for providing medical data to third parties.

If the £9.8 billion spent on the "National Programme for IT (NPfIT) project" had actually delivered something rather than being dismantled, such records would have been shared across the NHS.

Oh well, made no difference in the end, the NHS shared it anyway.   Those pesky computers things are just too darned complicated to program, so they shared it regardless of opt out preference.
Guardian 06-Jun-2015: NHS details released against patients wishes, admits data body
Daily Mail 06-Jun-2015 : NHS data passed on against wishes

sgk

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2013, 10:52:49 PM »
Always look on the bright side of life .so I'm in Cornwall wish I was . Have to go to accident emergency with a not to serious problem they ask me what medication I'm on I can't remember .they can't log in to my medical records . so what do they do . Would be easy if they could log in .

The HSCIC scheme wouldn't help there, it doesn't provide that.  It's for providing medical data to third parties.

If the £9.8 billion spent on the "National Programme for IT (NPfIT) project" had actually delivered something rather than being dismantled, such records would have been shared across the NHS.

amazon

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2013, 10:09:13 PM »
A more recent story on this (and more alarmist of course, being the Daily Mail) can be found here : "Your confidential medical records for sale... at just £1".

Always look on the bright side of life .so I'm in Cornwall wish I was . Have to go to accident emergency with a not to serious problem they ask me what medication I'm on I can't remember .they can't log in to my medical records . so what do they do . Would be easy if they could log in .

sgk

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2013, 05:07:57 PM »
A more recent story on this (and more alarmist of course, being the Daily Mail) can be found here : "Your confidential medical records for sale... at just £1".

sgk

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2013, 04:36:44 PM »
I might be being naive here but I don't see what the issue is. I want a health service where no matter where I access it, they have immediate access to my medical history. I'm amazed they don't already.

I understand the initial versions of the policy were a little vague about who could then buy that data from the HSCIC, "Researchers and organisations can order bespoke patient-level extracts or tabulations of health and social care data".  Which led to some worrying looking headlines "£140 could buy private firms data on NHS patients".

It's been improved since though, so the possibility of identifiable personal data being sold on to companies looks reduced.  Just imagine if the entire UK population's medical history got "leaked" wikileaks-style.  Cue some nasty insurance premium increases.  :o

amazon

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 04:02:51 PM »
I might be being naive here but I don't see what the issue is. I want a health service where no matter where I access it, they have immediate access to my medical history. I'm amazed they don't already.

Right there Allison .dont see what the problem is .

alison

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 10:55:49 PM »

Tricky

Access to your medical records.. ?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 11:25:32 PM »
Around the beginning of November 2013, the Health & Social Care Information Centre (HSCIC) on behalf of NHS England will commence extracting Personal & Confidential Data (PCD) about Patients from GP Practice Clinical Systems...

more details and links to opt out (for Marple Medical Practice patients) here..

http://www.marplemedicalpractice.nhs.uk/care-data,58753.htm

meh