Landscape Gardening Maintenance Marple & Marple Bridge

Author Topic: PAYPAL Scam  (Read 3751 times)

My login is Henrietta

Re: PAYPAL Scam
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 02:40:16 PM »
Yes Barndoor,

Unfortunately, not everybody is as astute as you!
But you don't need to be "astute". All you have to do is to read the real company's security info when you first deal with them and then be sensible when opening and responding to emails.

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 02:37:32 PM »
Hi have had similar emails telling me that my paypal account was at risk if I ignored the email.  Suspecting a scam I checked by logging on directly (not via any link in the email) to find that everything was OK.
Often, if you hover over the sender's address it will give you a clue to whether the email is what it purports to be.

Osdog

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2013, 12:49:42 PM »
Paypal always address the mail to you - the customer

Ie  Dear Mr Fred Bloggs. 

anything that says Dear Customer is a scam and should be deleted.

alan@marple

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 12:35:25 AM »
Yes Barndoor,

Unfortunately, not everybody is as astute as you!

barndoor

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 06:48:01 PM »
Apart from anything else, the superfluous apostrophe in

And multiple password failures were present before the logo's.

should have given the game away.  ;)

thebigshed

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 12:08:59 PM »
Hi have had similar emails telling me that my paypal account was at risk if I ignored the email.  Suspecting a scam I checked by logging on directly (not via any link in the email) to find that everything was OK.

alan@marple

PAYPAL Scam
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 10:43:52 AM »

I received this email this morning 3/8/13, on first checking with Paypal, they informed me that it was a scam.

They said they would never say "Dear Paypal Customer" as a salutation, and asked me to forward the message to "spoof@paypal.com"

Dear PayPal Customer,

On August 03, 2013, We recently have determined that different computers have logged in your PayPal account.

And multiple password failures were present before the logo's. We now need you to re-confirm your account information to us.
If this is not completed by ,10, 08, 2013, we will be forced to suspend your account indefinitely.

Case ID Number : PP-001-544-590

To restore your account,

Please download the attached form to verify your Profile information and restore your account access.

Make sure you enter the information accurately, and according to the formats required.
Fill in all the required fields.

It's usually pretty easy to take care of things like this. Most of the time, we just need a little more information about your account or latest transactions.

To help us with this and to see what you can and can't do with your account until the issue is resolved, log in to your account and go to the Resolution Center.

Yours sincerely,
PayPal