Landscape Gardening Maintenance Marple & Marple Bridge

Author Topic: Teacher Strike on Thursday 27 June  (Read 18586 times)

wheels

Re: Teacher Strike on Thursday 27 June
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2013, 05:03:10 PM »
Of course there is a more cosseted profession Duke - Our Police Thugs

Dave

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2013, 04:19:18 PM »
Talking to a few people I know who are teachers, they seem to be either getting out of the job, or wanting to do so.  It seems to have become a job that no-one in their right mind would want to do.   They report that the % of children who don't know how to behave has increased exponentially in the past five years or so.   They are constantly harangued by Ofsted, who move the goalposts every other week.  Governments constantly introduce exciting (but untested) new initiatives, new exam systems and new sets of targets.  It has all the signs of having become one of the most stressful jobs there is. 

Is there a more overly-cosseted profession?

GPs.  Paramedics. Dieticians. Librarians.  Hairdressers.  Beauticians.  Chartered Accountants. 

Duke Fame

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 03:02:12 PM »
Duke, surly a strike is aimed at causing the maximum disruption why would teachers strike in August when they are on holiday. I am not sure you understand the nature of the strike

It also helps if the sun is out and they can hit the beach. Is there a more overly-cosseted profession?

amazon

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 02:01:06 PM »
Duke, surly a strike is aimed at causing the maximum disruption why would teachers strike in August when they are on holiday. I am not sure you understand the nature of the strike

Do they receive payment or strikes .

wheels

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 10:47:35 AM »

Duke Fame

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 07:01:02 AM »
There's a teacher strike on Thursday 27 June, Some schools are closed, some partially open and some fully open.

Here's a list of who's who from Stockport Council:

http://www.stockport.gov.uk/2013/3004/teachersstrike_27June

Never on strike on a miserable day in February are they? Nor are they on strike in August when they are doing 'lesson planning'

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Teacher Strike on Thursday 27 June
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 03:53:14 PM »
There's a teacher strike on Thursday 27 June, Some schools are closed, some partially open and some fully open.

Here's a list of who's who from Stockport Council:

http://www.stockport.gov.uk/2013/3004/teachersstrike_27June

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website