A gentle and effective approach to whole body health, to help reduce pain, improve mobility and promote healing

Author Topic: Cancer shop marple .  (Read 8270 times)

simonesaffron

Re: Cancer shop marple .
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2013, 09:10:15 AM »
I agree with your point SS which is why I feel heartfelt Christmas greetings to ABC PLC from XYZ ltd lacks the personal joy of Christmas.

Point taken Duke, please don't call me SS it has obvious connections that I don't wish to be associated with.

Duke Fame

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2013, 10:30:44 AM »
Duke, just because you think so, doesn't mean it is a fact.

If people or organisations for that matter decide to send Christmas cards then it is entirely up to them and really none of your business  nor yours Wheels. It is not an unpleasant experience to receive a Christmas card from a distant family member or a friend who lives thousands of miles away whom you rarely see. It is a well intentioned, well meaning gesture with nothing but kindness and courtesy as its motivation.

To pour scorn on it is to take it upon oneself to be high - handed and mean minded. Your bah humbug! approach to this harmless, well wishing deed that brings a fleeting moment of happiness and respect to both donor and recipient Duke will be of no surprise to regular readers/contributors to this website.

To espouse the sterilisation of this once a year occasion and change it to email is like filling your garden with plastic flowers and is to me  indicative that through a life of escalating bitterness and chagrin any poetry that you had left is well on its way to leaving both your souls forever.

That is indeed if either of you had one in the first place.

At the risk of being sexist your suggestion dictates that you could only be - MEN !

I agree with your point SS which is why I feel heartfelt Christmas greetings to ABC PLC from XYZ ltd lacks the personal joy of Christmas.

Howard

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2013, 01:47:46 PM »
Indeed, and thanks to wheels for confirming something we have been suspecting for quite a while now.   ;)

Was it a secret?

Dave

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2013, 01:37:31 PM »
As did Councillor Sue Derbyshire, who as you pointed out earlier, sent exactly the same number (800) Christmas e-cards for the first time.  Small world.

Indeed, and thanks to wheels for confirming something we have been suspecting for quite a while now.   ;)

simonesaffron

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2013, 12:50:47 PM »
I think organisations sending Christmas cards is the most stupid thing ever. When I took over at my place, we did away with it entirely.

Duke, just because you think so, doesn't mean it is a fact.

If people or organisations for that matter decide to send Christmas cards then it is entirely up to them and really none of your business  nor yours Wheels. It is not an unpleasant experience to receive a Christmas card from a distant family member or a friend who lives thousands of miles away whom you rarely see. It is a well intentioned, well meaning gesture with nothing but kindness and courtesy as its motivation.

To pour scorn on it is to take it upon oneself to be high - handed and mean minded. Your bah humbug! approach to this harmless, well wishing deed that brings a fleeting moment of happiness and respect to both donor and recipient Duke will be of no surprise to regular readers/contributors to this website.

To espouse the sterilisation of this once a year occasion and change it to email is like filling your garden with plastic flowers and is to me  indicative that through a life of escalating bitterness and chagrin any poetry that you had left is well on its way to leaving both your souls forever.

That is indeed if either of you had one in the first place.

At the risk of being sexist your suggestion dictates that you could only be - MEN !

Duke Fame

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2013, 11:59:31 PM »
Duke most of our Xmas card go from my wife who as head of her organisation usually sends about 800 cards. This year she sent an e card saving the organisation a large amount. Surley you above all others would commend that.

I think organisations sending Christmas cards is the most stupid thing ever. When I took over at my place, we did away with it entirely.

wheels

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2013, 11:28:11 PM »
most people running large organisation send that sort of number and mix in the same circle so know what each other is doing. Sorry but you should not draw anything further from it than that and definitely not what your suggesting.

sgk

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2013, 11:24:50 PM »
Duke most of our Xmas card go from my wife who as head of her organisation usually sends about 800 cards. This year she sent an e card saving the organisation a large amount. Surley you above all others would commend that.

As did Councillor Sue Derbyshire, who as you pointed out earlier, sent exactly the same number (800) Christmas e-cards for the first time.  Small world.

Can't comment on the Mayor but the Leader of the Council Cllr Sue Derbyshire his this year done away with sending the 800 cards the leader normally sends and has sent an e-card instead.

wheels

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2013, 11:03:46 PM »

Duke Fame

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2013, 05:09:00 PM »
Think most of us send ecards now

That sounds an excuse as to why the mantle piece is a little sparten in the wheels household

wheels

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2013, 11:40:20 PM »
depends if you've got friends and family to keep in touch with  :)

Think most of us send ecards now

amazon

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2013, 08:41:20 PM »
depends if you've got friends and family to keep in touch with  :)
Must be slow post sending them this time year . No reflection on the post office I have a brilliant post man .

chicken lady

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2013, 06:21:18 PM »
depends if you've got friends and family to keep in touch with  :)

wheels

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2013, 05:28:54 PM »

In the UK last year we sent 148million, paper, Christmas cards.

Goodness me what a waste.

simonesaffron

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2013, 06:20:12 AM »
Don't most people send electronic cards these days.

In the UK last year we sent 148million, paper, Christmas cards.