Janine Kelly - Yoga teacher in Marple

Author Topic: Official Update from Cheadle & Marple Sixth Form College  (Read 12211 times)

simonesaffron

Re: Official Update from Cheadle & Marple Sixth Form College
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2013, 09:20:48 AM »
You've hit the nail on the head Dave. Edward Vitalis has replaced Andrew Hubert, who was Finance Director when everything kicked-off and the Acting Principal is now Jenny Singleton. With this announcement I for one think it's time to give the college a fresh opportunity to engage with the community without continuously raking over what's gone before. That phase is over and hopefully progress can be made on securing the college's future as part of the community. I hope that this web site will be able to help with that in a positive way.

Absolutely Admin, that would be the grown - up way, anyway.

Let's give em a chance, they have at least got off to a good start.

Iona

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2013, 07:40:19 AM »
Sorry I posted before reading Admin's last post - hopefully a fresh start will be the way forward.

Iona

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2013, 07:35:52 AM »
Edward Vitalis replied on behalf of CMSFC to Freedom of Information Act requests last year so he's not new on the scene.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2013, 07:34:32 AM »
I don't recognise the name Edward Vitalis - maybe he's new?  And I seem to have read somewhere that the principal has been on long-term sick leave since a recent Ofsted inspection.  So maybe there are new people in charge who are prepared to learn lessons from the secretive way the college has behaved in the past?  Let's hope so. 

You've hit the nail on the head Dave. Edward Vitalis has replaced Andrew Hubert, who was Finance Director when everything kicked-off and the Acting Principal is now Jenny Singleton. With this announcement I for one think it's time to give the college a fresh opportunity to engage with the community without continuously raking over what's gone before. That phase is over and hopefully progress can be made on securing the college's future as part of the community. I hope that this web site will be able to help with that in a positive way.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Dave

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2013, 07:08:22 AM »
I don't recognise the name Edward Vitalis - maybe he's new?  And I seem to have read somewhere that the principal has been on long-term sick leave since a recent Ofsted inspection.  So maybe there are new people in charge who are prepared to learn lessons from the secretive way the college has behaved in the past?  Let's hope so. 

sooty2

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 07:11:06 PM »
The following press statement has been released today:

"Following the refusal of planning permission at the planning and highways committee, both the College and Asda have been carefully considering their position and contractual obligations.  Both parties have been in discussions with each other and their respective Boards about their appetite to proceed and the prospect of an appeal.  Both parties have indicated a preference to withdraw from the contract by mutual consent and have instructed solicitors to draft  an agreement in this respect.

The College has been considering a number of options of how to proceed and would very much like to work with the Marple Community to explore a way forward.  It is our intent to collaborate and consult with key stakeholders in this respect"   

Edward Vitalis (Director of Finance & Resources) Cheadle & Marple Sixth Form College.

No apology from the college for not collaborating with the community in 2011? Why are you intending to do so now? :-\

amazon

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 04:36:03 PM »

"Following the refusal of planning permission at the planning and highways committee, both the College and Asda have been carefully considering their position and contractual obligations.  Both parties have been in discussions with each other and their respective Boards about their appetite to proceed and the prospect of an appeal.  Both parties have indicated a preference to withdraw from the contract by mutual consent and have instructed solicitors to draft  an agreement in this respect.

The College has been considering a number of options of how to proceed and would very much like to work with the Marple Community to explore a way forward.  It is our intent to collaborate and consult with key stakeholders in this respect"   

Edward Vitalis (Director of Finance & Resources) Cheadle & Marple Sixth Form College.

Should have done that in the first place.

CAMSFC

Official Update from Cheadle & Marple Sixth Form College
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 03:49:09 PM »