Marple based web design | Websites That Work For You!

Author Topic: Re: Duke Fame to run as Marple Councillor?  (Read 26376 times)

wheels

Re: Duke Fame to run as Marple Councillor?
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 01:46:50 PM »
You would be elected for the whole town covering all services, so lets here your views on Adult social care, education, Leisure services, regeneration of Brinnington I could go on.

And Duke what you outline are not principles or philophies but tactices.

The Healed Green Independents are a long established well respected organisation with a very large membership that operate as the leading political force in the area so don't lets pretend they are a bunch of well meaning unaccountable to a membership group of people.

Duke Fame

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 01:12:42 PM »
You need a machine to be able to run to take on the parties of I would estimate about 50 to 70 people and on polling day itself you would need over 100 people and if you wanted to run for 2014 its almost too late to start.

Duke you would be elected for the whole town not just a Marple ward and would need to apply your mind to wider corporate issues and on occasions vote against the best interest of Marple. Could you do that if not forget it ...

I don't think I've given any indication that i could not do such a thing.

Personally I am not interested in supporting a local person I want to support an ideology/philosophy.

I think ideology gets in the way of logic, Philosophy? Perhaps. I was thinking of speaking to the good people of Heald Green rate payers. But my philosophy is:

Reduce council tax bills by:

Reducing council services to the core.

Increase new employee's working hours and reduce paid holiday in line with the private sector.

Work with the shopping centres to have free parking in Stockport area to compete with the Trafford Centre.

amazon

Re: Re: Duke Fame to run as Marple Councillor?
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 01:02:34 PM »
I had an experience of dealing with the council end of the town team / Portas thing. There was an amazing change of attitude in finding a way to kick some life into Stockport town centre, however, it needed a sign off from a pen-pusher within the council and the deal fell apart as the guy could not see past the end of his nose.

I'm tempted to run as a councillor to shake the council and get rid of all the dead wood.

Go for it duke .

wheels

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 12:05:48 PM »
You need a machine to be able to run to take on the parties of I would estimate about 50 to 70 people and on polling day itself you would need over 100 people and if you wanted to run for 2014 its almost too late to start.

Personally I am not interested in supporting a local person I want to support an ideology/philosophy.

Duke you would be elected for the whole town not just a Marple ward and would need to apply your mind to wider corporate issues and on occasions vote against the best interest of Marple. Could you do that if not forget it ...

simonesaffron

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 11:36:22 AM »
I had an experience of dealing with the council end of the town team / Portas thing. There was an amazing change of attitude in finding a way to kick some life into Stockport town centre, however, it needed a sign off from a pen-pusher within the council and the deal fell apart as the guy could not see past the end of his nose.

I'm tempted to run as a councillor to shake the council and get rid of all the dead wood.

Over the years I've known dozens of people that have said to me that they are going to "stand for the Council". In fact at one time I was one of them.   We are all different types of people with all different motives but we all have one thing in common - We never actually DO stand.

Cyberman

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 10:41:41 AM »
Why not go for Chief Exec - if you can survive the salary cut to £175k p.a. :)

http://www.stockport.gov.uk/services/councildemocracy/your_council/documentsandfacts/budgetsfinancialmonitoringreports/payandexpenses