Brabyns Preparatory School -Nurture. Engage. Achieve.

Author Topic: Town team and portas 10000  (Read 5565 times)

Duke Fame

Re: Town team and portas 10000
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2013, 08:09:55 AM »
No wheels i meant  the marple one.

I had an experience of dealing with the council end of the town team / Portas thing. There was an amazing change of attitude in finding a way to kick some life into Stockport town centre, however, it needed a sign off from a pen-pusher within the council and the deal fell apart as the guy could not see past the end of his nose.

I'm tempted to run as a councillor to shake the council and get rid of all the dead wood.

Berni inn

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2013, 11:26:27 PM »
No wheels i meant  the marple one.

wheels

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2013, 04:29:36 PM »
Does anybody know who the town team are and what they are spending the portas money on?

Zorro I assume you mean the Town Centre Town Team not the little one coverning Marple

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 04:05:38 PM »
Well zorro has sort of asked someone who is a member directly because I'm the treasurer of Town Team Marple.

I can therefore tell you that we don't actually have the money from the council yet (we are waiting for them to figure out who can sign to release the money to us and there has been a hiccup within our own organisation too - see later) and we are still discussing and developing ideas about how to spend the money when we do get it into our bank account (which was set up at the end of February).

Other member of the steering group include Secretary Diane Jackson (who did a huge amount of work preparing the original bid that resulted in the award), Ian Smith (owner of the Review newspaper) and Cllrs Susan Ingham and Craig Wright are on the steering group too. We did have a Chairman in Mick McPhee but unfortunately he recently felt it necessary to resign for personal reasons and we still need to establish a permanent replacement in this role.

The sort of things that we have been looking at include a couple of different types of town trail possibly some events and at the moment we are considering the development of a Marple brand that everyone can use.

This is just me speaking and I hope a more rounded statement can be made on behalf of the steering group in the near future.

amazon

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 03:45:42 PM »
Oh I think you know well the lady concerned.  ;D

Not miss marples as was .

wheels

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 03:21:14 PM »
Oh I think you know well the lady concerned.  ;D

Berni inn

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 02:00:12 PM »
Thanks.
Will ask everybody i know????
Thats a great help.

wheels

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 10:50:04 AM »
Does anybody know who the town team are and what they are spending the portas money on?

You know someone who is a member ask them directly  ;)

Berni inn

Town team and portas 10000
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 07:35:48 PM »