All your Marple and Stockport property and financial needs under one roof

Linked Events

• Life Leisure Marple Open Day: March 30, 2013

Author Topic: Open Day Life Leisure Marple [30 March 2013]  (Read 8185 times)

JMC

Re: Open Day Life Leisure Marple [30 March 2013]
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2013, 09:06:41 AM »
That's great, well done  :)

LifeLeisureMarple

Re: Open Day Life Leisure Marple [30 March 2013]
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2013, 04:35:51 PM »
Open day went really well so thank you to everyone who managed to come down on the day. We raised a few hundred pounds for The David hopkins charity so more than happy :) 

wheels

Re: Open Day Life Leisure Marple.
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2013, 12:40:26 PM »
this is also the same organisation that after taking over the running of these facilities from the council promptly stopped free swimming for old age pensioners.

they are for profit and not the local community.

is that a ridiculous comment - no.

Red, I am someone of pensionable age. Can you explain why you think I should have free swimming sessions my various pensions are more than many peoples salaries. Silly attitude.

Bluezorro

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2013, 08:55:18 PM »
Yes jmc your right.

My daughter was telling me about what they do at my grandaughters school.  Getting permission for photos etc as well.

How could a school decide which newsletters or flyers would not be sent out on an individual basis.

So yes red it was a ridiculous comment.

JMC

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2013, 05:15:47 PM »

blue zorro - any school correctly run asks parents to fill out a data collection sheet once a year. thank you.

I have 5 children and fill in lots of those data collection sheets. Name, address, health issues, meal provisions etc. Nothing to do with leaflets though.

marpleexile

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2013, 04:10:51 PM »
this is also the same organisation that after taking over the running of these facilities from the council promptly stopped free swimming for old age pensioners.

Actually they are a non-profit making Sports Trust.

10(?) years ago the Council hived off its Leisure department to create Stockport Sports Trust, a non-profit Chariable Trust. They receive a decreasing (in these austere times) amount of funding from the Council, and the rest of their income comes from the users.

They recently rebranded themselves as Stockport Sports Trust trading as Life Leisure for some reason.

With regard to cutting the free swimming provision. That was a central government funded initiative that only lasted for about 18months before it was revoked. Local councils then had the option of continuing to fund it themselves, and Stockport Council, like almost every other Council, chose not to. Can't really blame Life Leisure for that.

red666bear

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2013, 02:23:07 PM »
Red how much time does the school have to ask parents permission before sending a flyer out?

Ridiculous comment.

blue zorro - any school correctly run asks parents to fill out a data collection sheet once a year. thank you.

red666bear

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2013, 02:21:15 PM »

Bluezorro

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2013, 12:03:23 AM »
Well  said jmc.

JMC

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2013, 11:59:13 PM »
Thought it was the norm for kids to come home with flyers attached to newsletter? Have had drama club ones, karate ones, swimming, childcare magazines etc. Didn't bother me I just took look and binned if no good.

Bluezorro

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 11:09:10 PM »
Red how much time does the school have to ask parents permission before sending a flyer out?

Ridiculous comment.

JMC

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 11:02:07 PM »
My older 4 have all had swim lessons there and I would recommend them  :)

Bluezorro

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 09:21:51 PM »
What was the flyer selling

red666bear

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 09:06:12 PM »
is this the same life leisure group who think it is okay to send school children home with flyers without seeking parents permission.
this aggressive and intrusive marketing is not welcomed by this particular parent.

LifeLeisureMarple

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 06:23:48 PM »
If any of the local company's want a stall for the day please give me a ring at marple on 01614277070 to discuss further.