Marple Blasting Services | Blast Cleaning Stockport

Author Topic: Asda marple cricket club Wednesday meeting .  (Read 35384 times)

Howard

Re: Asda marple cricket club Wednesday meeting .
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2013, 12:09:53 PM »
Duke its nothing to do with the ASDA guys reactions its the behaviour of person abusing him. Do you really want to be represented by a bully?

Asda must surely have been aware of the likely atmosphere at the meeting and should have put in a heavy-hitter who could have coped with it. Contentious applications such as this one generate a high level of interaction with opinionated people and Asda have a great deal of experience with such meetings. If they guy couldn't cope then he only has his management team to blame.

wheels

« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2013, 11:55:28 AM »
Duke its nothing to do with the ASDA guys reactions its the behaviour of person abusing him. Do you really want to be represented by a bully?

Duke Fame

« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2013, 11:32:47 AM »
I heard from a friend who actually attended the meeting on Wednesday that after the ASDA contingency were badly mauled, particularly by Councillor Kev, (apparently the guy from ASDA was visibly wincing/paling at every word he spoke) he left the meeting almost in tears whereas the finance guy from CAMSFC stayed on and engaged with Councillors. My friend said that they were still "engaging" when she left....my information has been that they have not been not speaking to each other throughout - intriguing eh !     

The above was a quote from Simone, not that I am suggesting she did more than report the facts as she saw them. But really what make anyone think that bulling and intimidating others is the way to proceed. If as Simone says  an individual left the meeting in tears that is surely disgraceful and something of which we should all be ashamed.

As long as it didn't include personal abuse, I'd suggest Asda had promoted their guy beyond his abilities if he can't handle a bit of questioning.

wheels

« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2013, 04:47:42 PM »
I heard from a friend who actually attended the meeting on Wednesday that after the ASDA contingency were badly mauled, particularly by Councillor Kev, (apparently the guy from ASDA was visibly wincing/paling at every word he spoke) he left the meeting almost in tears whereas the finance guy from CAMSFC stayed on and engaged with Councillors. My friend said that they were still "engaging" when she left....my information has been that they have not been not speaking to each other throughout - intriguing eh !     

The above was a quote from Simone, not that I am suggesting she did more than report the facts as she saw them. But really what make anyone think that bulling and intimidating others is the way to proceed. If as Simone says  an individual left the meeting in tears that is surely disgraceful and something of which we should all be ashamed.

JMC

« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2013, 01:54:11 PM »
I guess many of the YES group/Asda supporters didn't fancy being heckled by MIA etc. Very unlikely they wouldn't get shouted at etc. Remember the public meeting where the YES speaker was treated appallingly? In addition many are at work, have children etc. whereas many MIA supporters are 9-5 (Marple shop owners for example) or retired. I have been publically in support of Asda before on this issue but couldn't make the cricket club meeting and would not have taken my children along, can only imagine the atmosphere!

Dave

« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2013, 12:27:47 AM »
No, if you go back through all the consultants' reports which the college commissioned, they do have a plan B which they could carry out for about 4 million plus some borrowing.  But 4 million really isn't very much money nowadays, and it is a very poor second choice, amounting simply to a refurbishment and basic extension to the existing Buxton Lane buildings, without anything like the major rebuild and significant enhancement which the current (and probably doomed) scheme offers.  It's all rather sad.   :'(

marpleexile

« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2013, 06:14:29 PM »
It could be that the college can't afford to keep their white elephant for the time that an appeal would take. They may now be looking for a builder who would take it off their hands and downsize their aspirations for Buxton Lane. This isn't all about Asda.

The problem for the college though is that the money on offer from other potential bidders, eg developers looking to build homes, is said to be in the region of £4 million, as opposed to the £12/13 million said to be on offer from Asda/A N Other Supermarket. They could downsize their plans if they were only going to get 9 or 10 mill, but to only get around a third of the money originally planned for would probably mean they couldn't go ahead in any form.

Harry

« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2013, 03:34:14 PM »
It could be that the college can't afford to keep their white elephant for the time that an appeal would take. They may now be looking for a builder who would take it off their hands and downsize their aspirations for Buxton Lane. This isn't all about Asda.

amazon

« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2013, 01:35:42 PM »
Asda will have planned for an appeal from the onset, it will have been part of their strategy. What they won't have planned for from the onset will have been the Trinity Street Scheme.

The Trinity Street Scheme is most certainly a "spoiler" but that doesn't mean its not real. The TSS is most certainly not as attractive to a retailer as Hibbert Lane and to my mind there are some very definite traffic implications for Marple if it goes ahead.  However not being as attractive and having traffic issues are not the same as being undeliverable and not "viable". The only people who are saying that TTS is not viable are ASDA and their connections - and they would wouldn't they.

The absolute PR disaster that is ASDA/MACSFC have completely turned this issue into one about Trinity Street whereupon everything else is now secondary to this scheme's success or failure. So their case is now about somebody else, which is always a difficult case to present.

Marple 6 will have been aware of the issues with TSS for a long time now and having seen the way they operate, I find it hard to believe that they won't have turned every stone in an attempt to find a way to overcome them. They will still have some shots in their sling - that's for sure.

If Asda go to appeal when will they announce it what's the normall procedure for these things .time etc

simonesaffron

« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2013, 09:37:30 AM »
Asda will have planned for an appeal from the onset, it will have been part of their strategy. What they won't have planned for from the onset will have been the Trinity Street Scheme.

The Trinity Street Scheme is most certainly a "spoiler" but that doesn't mean its not real. The TSS is most certainly not as attractive to a retailer as Hibbert Lane and to my mind there are some very definite traffic implications for Marple if it goes ahead.  However not being as attractive and having traffic issues are not the same as being undeliverable and not "viable". The only people who are saying that TTS is not viable are ASDA and their connections - and they would wouldn't they.

The absolute PR disaster that is ASDA/MACSFC have completely turned this issue into one about Trinity Street whereupon everything else is now secondary to this scheme's success or failure. So their case is now about somebody else, which is always a difficult case to present.

Marple 6 will have been aware of the issues with TSS for a long time now and having seen the way they operate, I find it hard to believe that they won't have turned every stone in an attempt to find a way to overcome them. They will still have some shots in their sling - that's for sure.

Duke Fame

« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2013, 10:25:19 PM »
Marple died years ago and you can't blame a proposed supermarket.

I think that's unfair Andy, work patterns etc have changed so the town changes too. Nevertheless, it's not a good idea to make a bad decision to allow the supermarket proposal to go ahead on the basis of previous poor decisions.

amazon

« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2013, 09:13:49 PM »

But a supermarket would have helped it not to die further . Instead of charity shops and some failed
Cafes . And living in the dark ages were some people think something new is not a good thing .unforunatly I possible wont be around in ten years time would like to see marple then .

Bluezorro

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2013, 09:01:06 PM »
Why didnt the college and asda promote more community use, such as a new leisure centre on hibbert lane or buxton road. My friend said that one of the councillors mentioned building a new leisure centre last night. They said he looked a bit like elvis.

TINSLEY

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2013, 08:46:48 PM »

amazon

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2013, 07:30:14 PM »
Who said anything about being "right" Dave ?

You did, Simone, when you wrote that 'Councillors have not let anybody down', meaning, presumably, that they have done the right thing. But I do agree with you that
the failure of the ASDA/CAMSFC depends entirely upon the success of Trinity Street and Trinity Street is entirely the thought child of the Marple 6.

I apologise, wheels, if you feel I am hectoring you - that is not my intention.  Like you and others on the forum, I am just sharing my own view on this long running and somewhat controversial issue.  However, when you write
Dave you are the only person I know who consistently contends that the application is about the redevelopment of the college.
...you seem to forget that if the college  hadn't needed to redevelop its facilities, the scheme would never have existed.  So in that sense it is absolutely about the redevelopment of the college.

Do you think asda will appeal .or decide its a dead duck .and hopefully go for the other site .

It was always going to take an appeal, so Asda are prepared for that. The question is whether Trinity Street changes things sufficiently that they no longer think they can win an appeal. Widely speculating here, but I would say that if think there is a greater than, say, 20%, chance of winning the appeal, they'll have a go, as it was always in the plan to appeal, they'll have budgeted for it, and the rewards if they win will be significant. They won't both if they think Trinity Street makes an appeal an almost certain failure.

I highly doubt they will instead go for Trinity Street, as it's not really viable, and has only been put up as a spoiler.

Good posting . So really marple could end up with no supermarket college lose out on some of there funding
Mia marching down stockport road with there banners saying we won pictures in the paper that's all they really want not interested in the college . Or marple .really .more and more people will go out of marple to supermarket shop . Another few years marple will be dead.