To advertise on this site

Author Topic: Missing Royal Mail  (Read 32286 times)

tina

Re: Missing Royal Mail
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2013, 12:28:21 PM »
update my 2nd dvd has arrived this morning still waiting for the 1st

Cyberman

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2013, 12:15:58 PM »
In the past I've had packets left "behind the bins", along with a card through the letterbox informing me. I've always thought this is OK. However a few weeks ago, when putting the rubbish out, I found a packet IN the black rubbish bin - no note or anything. Had been sent about 8 days previously, so it had probably been there several days (and it smelled a bit ripe!). Not impressed - I could easily have missed it, and it would have ended up as landfill!

Havent raised the matter with R.M. as I'm generally happy with the service, but I might mention it next time I'm at the sorting office.

So if you have a missing parcel - check your rubbish bin!

Harry

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2013, 09:35:25 PM »
Until recently I was sending between 20 and 30 items a day via first class post. Most arrived at their intended destination the next day. However, about 1% never arrived at all. It's not necessarily theft, just incompetence on the part of Royal Mail.

tina

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2013, 08:22:58 PM »
Alan I sent a card yesterday to the same address as your card was supposed to go, after reading this I put the card in a brown envelope,,,,,,,, it arrived thankfully today.... ( my dvd's however I'm still waiting for!)

Belly

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2013, 01:31:34 PM »
I had a credit card stolen from the post en route to me from the bank. This was before the days of chip & pin - the culprit went on a spending spree at the Trafford Centre and spent over £1500 in an afternoon at numerous chav establishments.

He was caught on CCTV using the card and it wasn't that diffcult to narrow down where he worked! Nicked.  :-\

I've also had a birthday card that I sent out opened in the mail and an extra name added to the card - fortunately there was no money in it. These PO wags!

amazon

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2013, 01:11:13 PM »
Nearly 7 days gone now and still no sign of the missing card. Although I should wait 18 working days before making a complaint, in view of what I now consider, in all probability, for an offence to have possibly taken place, I have emailed Royal Mail expressing my grave concern and asked for an inquiry to be made at Stockport.

I will update when I get a response

Alan you may have to fill a claim form in you can download of the Royal Mail website or they might just send you a book of stamps .i don't think your card will arrive at its destination .

alan@marple

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2013, 11:38:30 AM »
Nearly 7 days gone now and still no sign of the missing card. Although I should wait 18 working days before making a complaint, in view of what I now consider, in all probability, for an offence to have possibly taken place, I have emailed Royal Mail expressing my grave concern and asked for an inquiry to be made at Stockport.

I will update when I get a response

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2013, 11:26:31 PM »
When I lived in Hyde I used to have any important mail delivered to my Mother's address in Marple instead of my Hyde address. Hyde sorting office is in an alternative universe! Mail was often delivered months after its post-marked date!

tina

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2013, 02:34:23 PM »
I don't have a birthday card story but a Blockbuster Dvd rental which has not arrived. I informed them and the next 1 in my wish list was sent and that 1 also has not arrived! Normally I can return 1 by post on Monday morning and the next 1 has arrived by Wednesday. Anyone else had any similar experience since Blockbusters went into administration? (the online rental is supposed to be not affected but as this is now my 2nd not to arrive and still being charged?)

amazon

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2013, 12:18:40 PM »
Over the last few years we have had numerous family Birthday cards go missing between Marple and Ormskirk - in both directions I will add. Despite official complaints nothing was found and we now always send cards by recorded mail even when there is no gift inside.

We actually once received a card that had been opened but the Woolworths vouchers inside had been left -obviously not worth anything to the thief.

Send I plain envelopes it's cheaper . So it doesn't look like a birthday card '

amazon

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2013, 11:54:53 AM »
Amazon you say there are thieves at the Post Office,please contact Post Office fraud section with any evidence,they will investigate.

I have no evidence but I know there is .

Susan

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 10:25:40 AM »
i have been informed by someone that use to work in the sorting office, not to cellotape the back of the envelopes because if you have cellotape on them they get sorted in to a basket, to be sorted out at a different time, something to do with, incase the cellotape comes of while in the machine it will damage the machine. So when u say you sent it on a certain day it might still be in the basket at the sorting office awaiting sorting.

thebigshed

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 08:51:27 AM »
Over the last few years we have had numerous family Birthday cards go missing between Marple and Ormskirk - in both directions I will add. Despite official complaints nothing was found and we now always send cards by recorded mail even when there is no gift inside.

We actually once received a card that had been opened but the Woolworths vouchers inside had been left -obviously not worth anything to the thief.

simonesaffron

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 06:42:18 AM »
Not so long ago Jeremy Vine did a piece on the radio on this very subject. Apparently it is not uncommon with cards that have money in and it s very difficult to detect.

There were people from all parts of the country emailing/phoning saying that they had placed money inside the card and the card and the contents had failed to arrive.

sgk

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 08:11:44 PM »
Daughter's birthday card, posted in November, failed to arrive in Marple.  Brightly coloured, clearly a birthday card with the potential for loot inside.

Didn't complain, figured it was a one-off.  And thankfully there was no loot inside.

Although listening to Alan now, it does sound more commonplace.

A piece in the news yesterday showed how a postie had been caught after stashing 1,179 letters/parcels.  That's some serious loot potential.
http://www.shropshirestar.com/news/2013/02/08/five-shropshire-royal-mail-workers-sacked-after-inquiry/

And a piece in the news today shows such cases are on the rise.  And the "vanishing birthday card" situation is specifically mentioned there.
http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2013/01/13/damaged-and-stolen-parcels-cost-royal-mail-20m-in-compensation/