Marple Glass and Glazing

Author Topic: Missing Royal Mail  (Read 31932 times)

alan@marple

Re: Missing Royal Mail
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2013, 09:36:28 AM »
The cost is a standard fee for a Data Subject Access Request. It wouldn't tell you anything anyway - only give you data that is personal to you - the enquiry they conduct internally is their business, not yours. It will contain business sensitive data that you don't need to know.

In terms of your issue it would appear from reading this that you've accepted a book of stamps as a resolution and goodwill gesture/compensation - so that in fairness to Royal Mail is where you should leave it.  If you're not happy you shouldn't have taken their offering and taken things further.

Gaz, you do seem to be very knowledgeable about these things!.  I said that I had received a book of stamps, that does not mean to say I accept them. For your information I have returned them and advised Royal Mail that they are not acceptable to me. I am "not happy" and have taken things further "but that is my business, not yours"

Have a nice day

gazwhite

« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2013, 05:25:26 PM »
The cost is a standard fee for a Data Subject Access Request. It wouldn't tell you anything anyway - only give you data that is personal to you - the enquiry they conduct internally is their business, not yours. It will contain business sensitive data that you don't need to know.

In terms of your issue it would appear from reading this that you've accepted a book of stamps as a resolution and goodwill gesture/compensation - so that in fairness to Royal Mail is where you should leave it.  If you're not happy you shouldn't have taken their offering and taken things further.

amazon

« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2013, 02:41:09 PM »
It gets worse!

I have asked for an audit trail of the inquiries said to be made in investigating my complaint and in order to have this request considered
Royal Mail has requested a fee of £10!

To add to my concerns, I only heard yesterday that another of my grandsons was sent cash in the post recently for his birthday from a friend of the family. He lives near the Marple Tavern. It never arrived, he only knew about this when asked if he had received it.

All this leaves a nasty taste and I am sure is equally frustrating to all those honest postal workers who's good name is besmirched by a minority.

Go for it alan at least you may get some more stamps .

alan@marple

« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2013, 12:38:50 PM »
It gets worse!

I have asked for an audit trail of the inquiries said to be made in investigating my complaint and in order to have this request considered
Royal Mail has requested a fee of £10!

To add to my concerns, I only heard yesterday that another of my grandsons was sent cash in the post recently for his birthday from a friend of the family. He lives near the Marple Tavern. It never arrived, he only knew about this when asked if he had received it.

All this leaves a nasty taste and I am sure is equally frustrating to all those honest postal workers who's good name is besmirched by a minority.

Tricky

« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2013, 06:27:04 PM »
Have you sold the film rights Alan?

:D
meh

amazon

« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2013, 04:23:23 PM »
Since my earlier post this morning, I have received a letter of regret and apology from Royal Mail and a book of stamps to "cover my postage"- some token of goodwill!.

I might still have to use Royal Mail- but I shall never trust them again

That is normall alan .they must get rid of a lot of stamps .den of thieves the post  office this will prob get pulled what I've said ,

alan@marple

« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2013, 01:24:21 PM »
Since my earlier post this morning, I have received a letter of regret and apology from Royal Mail and a book of stamps to "cover my postage"- some token of goodwill!.

I might still have to use Royal Mail- but I shall never trust them again

alan@marple

« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2013, 12:11:49 PM »
I am so pleased that you are fully satisfied with the Royal Mail at Marple. You are obviously knowledgeable about postal service (are you employed by them).

I also thank you for your advice with regards to Green Lane and Oldham Rd. Being a lay person I just assumed that Stockport would have been acceptable to Mr Average!.

alan@marple

« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2013, 12:10:05 PM »
Until recently I was sending between 20 and 30 items a day via first class post. Most arrived at their intended destination the next day. However, about 1% never arrived at all. It's not necessarily theft, just incompetence on the part of Royal Mail.
I am so pleased that you are fully satisfied with the Royal Mail at Marple. You are obviously knowledgeable about postal service (are you employed by them).

I also thank you for your advice with regards to Green Lane and Oldham Rd. Being a lay person I just assumed that Stockport would have been acceptable to Mr Average!.

incompetent royal mail?

i have got home the last 2 days after a 4 hour delivery to find the whole country is at a standstill with snow!
funny how the royal mail lorries can get up and down the country overnight whilst you are fast asleep.
the service in marple is second to none.
Until recently I was sending between 20 and 30 items a day via first class post. Most arrived at their intended destination the next day. However, about 1% never arrived at all. It's not necessarily theft, just incompetence on the part of Royal Mail.

incompetent royal mail?

i have got home the last 2 days after a 4 hour delivery to find the whole country is at a standstill with snow!
funny how the royal mail lorries can get up and down the country overnight whilst you are fast asleep.

red666bear

« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2013, 12:49:00 PM »

incompetent royal mail?

red666bear

« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2013, 12:46:50 PM »
Nearly 7 days gone now and still no sign of the missing card. Although I should wait 18 working days before making a complaint, in view of what I now consider, in all probability, for an offence to have possibly taken place, I have emailed Royal Mail expressing my grave concern and asked for an inquiry to be made at Stockport.

I will update when I get a response

why an enquiry at stockport?
your letter could of gone to either green lane at stockport or oldham road manchester to be sorted.

red666bear

« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2013, 12:45:01 PM »
On Tuesday I posted, first class, a birthday card in a bright blue envelope from a Romiley postbox to my Grandson in Marple Bridge
Inside the card was a "gift". I know I should have sent it recorded but I did not, very unwise of me.

All his birthday cards arrived except mine.

Royal Mail customer service have told me that I must wait 18 working days before they will institute any inquiry, they would not even take any details from me.

You can imagine what is going through my mind at the moment!

royal mail and the post office are seperate entities now.

Royal mail do not promise to deliver 1st class, the next day, but four days and still no arrival causes me grave concern.

Alan if you post birthday cards with anything of value in them send in in plain envelope or Brown envelope
Thieves and there are some at the post office remember post now goes to Manchester first ..

they slit them with a razor blade .i was shown at my local post office how they do it .

Hope this helps people ,

alan@marple

« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2013, 12:18:01 AM »
Hi Amazon

No reply or response yet from Royal Mail as yet. I will not be entitled to any compensation. I just wish they would be more personal in showing concern.
In my opinion the article could have been stolen, and I hope that an investigation is taking place, because I would like an offender to be punished.
if I had my way, I would withdraw the Royal Warrant.

amazon

« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2013, 03:55:37 PM »
Just to keep you "posted"

I had an email response from Royal Mail- regretting the loss however after the 25th Feb I might wish to submit a claim form? That will be a bit late to "bolt the stable door"

"  Dear *******
Thank you for contacting Royal Mail.

I'm sorry to hear that an important item of your mail that contained cash has not yet been delivered.

Of the huge volumes of letters and packets we handle, very few encounter a problem along their way - but we take every single failure seriously, so I'm really sorry that you have had cause to contact us.
While I full appreciate your comments and empathise with the situation, especially as the item is for your Grandsons birthday; unfortunately, we are unable to log a loss complaint until the item is classed as such.

If the item still hasn't been delivered after 15 working days from its delivery due date, in this case by 25th February, you may wish to consider submitting a 'Lost, damaged or delayed inland mail claim form' (also known as a P58) to progress a claim for the loss of the item. These forms are available from all Post Office® branches or alternatively, you may wish to print one out from our website by clicking on the following link:

www.royalmail.com/p58

Please ensure you complete the form in full, providing as much detail as possible to help with our investigations, including any evidence to support the posting of the item.

Please be assured that we use the data provided in this manner to investigate and also pass the details to our security people. They then use this information to try and minimise instances of loss, damage and delay within our system.

Finally, and this is purely speculation; there is a possibility that the thickness of the card along with two enclosures, may have classed the item as a large letter for which a normal 1st Class stamp would not be sufficient.

If this was the case, we would still process the item but will request payment of a 'surcharge fee' from the recipient: the amount charged will include a £1 charge to cover our extra handling costs, plus the amount of the missing required postage (this will also depend on the weight of the item). The receiving Delivery Office will keep the item and deliver a card to the addressee to inform them that an underpaid item of mail is being held. This card will also provide instructions on how they can pay the surcharge and receive the item of mail.

Once again, please accept my sincere apologies on behalf of Royal Mail for the problem you've had, and our thanks for taking the time to make us aware of this. Please be assured that we take letting our customers down seriously and will use this information to make further improvements."

Regards

Royal Mail

Did you ever get this sorted alan?

amazon

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2013, 08:33:35 PM »
Just to keep you "posted"

I had an email response from Royal Mail- regretting the loss however after the 25th Feb I might wish to submit a claim form? That will be a bit late to "bolt the stable door"

"  Dear *******
Thank you for contacting Royal Mail.

I'm sorry to hear that an important item of your mail that contained cash has not yet been delivered.

Of the huge volumes of letters and packets we handle, very few encounter a problem along their way - but we take every single failure seriously, so I'm really sorry that you have had cause to contact us.
While I full appreciate your comments and empathise with the situation, especially as the item is for your Grandsons birthday; unfortunately, we are unable to log a loss complaint until the item is classed as such.

If the item still hasn't been delivered after 15 working days from its delivery due date, in this case by 25th February, you may wish to consider submitting a 'Lost, damaged or delayed inland mail claim form' (also known as a P58) to progress a claim for the loss of the item. These forms are available from all Post Office® branches or alternatively, you may wish to print one out from our website by clicking on the following link:

www.royalmail.com/p58

Please ensure you complete the form in full, providing as much detail as possible to help with our investigations, including any evidence to support the posting of the item.

Please be assured that we use the data provided in this manner to investigate and also pass the details to our security people. They then use this information to try and minimise instances of loss, damage and delay within our system.

Finally, and this is purely speculation; there is a possibility that the thickness of the card along with two enclosures, may have classed the item as a large letter for which a normal 1st Class stamp would not be sufficient.

If this was the case, we would still process the item but will request payment of a 'surcharge fee' from the recipient: the amount charged will include a £1 charge to cover our extra handling costs, plus the amount of the missing required postage (this will also depend on the weight of the item). The receiving Delivery Office will keep the item and deliver a card to the addressee to inform them that an underpaid item of mail is being held. This card will also provide instructions on how they can pay the surcharge and receive the item of mail.

Once again, please accept my sincere apologies on behalf of Royal Mail for the problem you've had, and our thanks for taking the time to make us aware of this. Please be assured that we take letting our customers down seriously and will use this information to make further improvements."

Regards

Royal Mail

[/quote

Filing the form in is like a tax form .they will want proof of posting etc and a lot more info .all in little square boxes .