Marple Health - for Wholefoods and Supplements to look GOOD and feel GREAT!

Author Topic: Camsfc/Asda - supprting the planning application  (Read 20626 times)

Susan

Re: Camsfc/Asda - supprting the planning application
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2012, 09:38:54 PM »
Well said Tricky, i dont live in marple anymore but my parents and family do, but i am planning on doing my xmas shopping for veg and fruit in marple, so i shop more in marple than i do where i live.

JMC

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2012, 09:11:23 PM »
In what way would that planned Asda result in the subsequent disappearance of things we love about Marple - Food+Drink Festival, Christmas Cracker etc.

Utterly ridiculous.

I actually want the bloody store now, and it's all thanks to MIA and some of the absolute tosh they and their supporters spout.

I will, however, carry on supporting my local shops, just as I do now.. nothing will really change..  (apart from a new college building)

Littlewoods & White's butchers won't suffer

Claudios pattiserie won't suffer nor All things Nice.. I will actually use these stores MORE than I do now.. because it will enable me to stay in Marple instead of travelling to Tesco to 'do a big shop'

I LOVE MARPLE

Great post. I feel the same.

amazon

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2012, 09:05:54 PM »
In what way would that planned Asda result in the subsequent disappearance of things we love about Marple - Food+Drink Festival, Christmas Cracker etc.

Utterly ridiculous.

I actually want the bloody store now, and it's all thanks to MIA and some of the absolute tosh they and their supporters spout.

I will, however, carry on supporting my local shops, just as I do now.. nothing will really change..  (apart from a new college building)

Claudios pattiserie won't suffer nor All things Nice.. I will actually use these stores MORE than I do now.. because it will enable me to stay in Marple instead of travelling to Tesco to 'do a big shop'

I LOVE MARPLE

Best sensible posting for months .

Tricky

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2012, 08:12:50 PM »

Utterly ridiculous.

I LOVE MARPLE

meh

amazon

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2012, 08:09:07 PM »
Thanks.  Have now registered my vehement opposition to the ASDA planning application.  Would hate to see ASDA's destruction of the town centre and demise of local traders, resulting in the subsequent disappearance of things we love about Marple - Food+Drink Festival, Christmas Cracker etc.

And people going supermarket shopping out of Marple .

sgk

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2012, 07:43:57 PM »
Thanks.  Have now registered my vehement opposition to the ASDA planning application.  Would hate to see ASDA's destruction of the town centre and demise of local traders, resulting in the subsequent disappearance of things we love about Marple - Food+Drink Festival, Christmas Cracker etc.

wheels

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2012, 05:15:10 PM »
Tina, that would be for a petition in relation to this submitted application MiA petitions where gathered and submitted before the application so carry little weight.

tina

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2012, 04:22:17 PM »
I have noticed it says (0) petitions, what happened to MIA's petition? I have also given my support for the application

JMC

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2012, 03:26:26 PM »
I suspect the majority need there to be a "not bothered either way" box

I think that is true. A lot of the people I knew originally against it now say they are not bothered as it doesn't affect them. I know some against it still but hard to take many seriously as they shop in Asda or other big store in another nearby town. I feel they are saying it is OK to add to traffic and affect small shops in other towns but not in their back yard. Most Yes people I know are just after reasonably priced shopping and a reduced need to go to Stockport for most things. They don't want to 'destroy' Marple which is the way some MIA people have tried to make them feel.

I have added my support also for the application.

wheels

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2012, 11:18:08 AM »
I suspect the majority need there to be a "not bothered either way" box

hollins

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 09:43:56 AM »
Likewise, I have supported CAMSFC and ASDA's joint application on the planning portal.

chicken lady

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 07:10:07 AM »
Thanks for the link Dave, have added my support this morning

JMC

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 11:40:50 PM »
Good point Dave. Only fair to point out the 'other side'.

amazon

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 07:51:16 PM »
The planning application for the college's proposed new facilities at Buxton Lane, and the Asda supermarket on Hibbert Lane, has now been submitted, and there is advice from MIA on the 'Latest News' thread here on the forum, for people who want to object.

It's very important, however, that people who support the college should also make their views known.    If you click on this link:  http://planning.stockport.gov.uk/PlanningData/AcolNetCGI.gov?ACTION=UNWRAP&RIPNAME=Root.PgeResultDetail&TheSystemkey=116256

....you'll see the application, and all you have to do is scroll down to a box entitled 'Public Representations'.  Click on the link inside the box and you'll be taken to a very short form where you can post your support.

I don't know when the deadline is, but I have a feeling that it's not very long now - maybe just a week or two.  Now's the time for everyone who cares about education in Marple to speak up and give the college their support.  

There you go again Dave with what might be considered emotional blackmail "for anyone who cares about education...." when previously you have conceded that retaining the college is nothing to do with educational quality but is a matter of economics and retaining the students footfall in the town centre. Just because its it Marple doesn't make it a better college.

Thanks wheels  voted for the college .

wheels

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 05:44:29 PM »
The planning application for the college's proposed new facilities at Buxton Lane, and the Asda supermarket on Hibbert Lane, has now been submitted, and there is advice from MIA on the 'Latest News' thread here on the forum, for people who want to object.

It's very important, however, that people who support the college should also make their views known.    If you click on this link:  http://planning.stockport.gov.uk/PlanningData/AcolNetCGI.gov?ACTION=UNWRAP&RIPNAME=Root.PgeResultDetail&TheSystemkey=116256

....you'll see the application, and all you have to do is scroll down to a box entitled 'Public Representations'.  Click on the link inside the box and you'll be taken to a very short form where you can post your support.

I don't know when the deadline is, but I have a feeling that it's not very long now - maybe just a week or two.  Now's the time for everyone who cares about education in Marple to speak up and give the college their support.   

There you go again Dave with what might be considered emotional blackmail "for anyone who cares about education...." when previously you have conceded that retaining the college is nothing to do with educational quality but is a matter of economics and retaining the students footfall in the town centre. Just because its it Marple doesn't make it a better college.