Self Catering Holiday Cottages in
Marple, Stockport & Cheshire

Author Topic: Dominos  (Read 20854 times)

ringi

Re: Dominos
« Reply #57 on: December 24, 2012, 12:42:41 PM »
Why???? Do burglatrs have different eating patterns to the rest of us. I would of thought the opening hours would suit us all.

Hopefully others will follow ;)

I find it hard to understand takeaways that only open short hours (e.g. fish and chip shops), if we are home at a reasonable time we will cook for ourselves.

ringi

« Reply #56 on: December 24, 2012, 12:40:20 PM »
I expect these hours to last; they already know the local depend from their Hazel Grove outlet.    It is very likely that the franchise for both is owned by the some person, Dominos likes their franchises to have multiply outlets in an area.

I don’t expect many issues with them being open so long, as they will not be getting many customers visiting at these hours – a big selling point of theirs is the free delivery.   They have a computer system that tracks how quickly each store deliveries an order and say in their account that it is the most important factor in a store growing sales.

The fact that one of their best sales methods is people ordering on Sky boxes says a lot about their target market!

The few times I have used them, they have delivered good food quickly, and the food is consistent but nothing special.  I have been a stock holder in them for many years; they just keep putting up the dividends a little each year:-)

(I would not choose to use them in Marple, as I know good local takeaways, but when I am staying somewhere I don’t know they are a safe opton.)

wheels

« Reply #55 on: December 24, 2012, 11:15:36 AM »
Why???? Do burglatrs have different eating patterns to the rest of us. I would of thought the opening hours would suit us all.

Hopefully others will follow ;)

amazon

« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2012, 11:06:55 AM »
Oh it is good to see the village  :D retail outlets getting in step with the rest of the world

These hours would suite the burglars .that are around .

wheels

« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2012, 10:42:01 AM »
Oh it is good to see the village  :D retail outlets getting in step with the rest of the world

Tricky

« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2012, 09:27:37 PM »
To be honest I was thinking more about demand rather than complaints..

meh

amazon

« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2012, 08:27:31 PM »
Can't really see those opening hours lasting very long!

Opening hours

Monday 11:00  -  23:45
Tuesday 11:00  -  23:45
Wednesday 11:00  -  
Thursday 11:00  -  23:45
Friday 11:00  -  00:45
Saturday 11:00  -  00:45
Sunday 11:00  -  23:45

No ithink they might be a few complaints  about those hours . Are they trying to turn marple into a twenty four hour village . Surely they must have stated on the planning application the hours .

Tricky

« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2012, 07:41:57 PM »
Can't really see those opening hours lasting very long!

Opening hours

Monday 11:00  -  23:45
Tuesday 11:00  -  23:45
Wednesday 11:00  -  23:45
Thursday 11:00  -  23:45
Friday 11:00  -  00:45
Saturday 11:00  -  00:45
Sunday 11:00  -  23:45
meh

Tricky

« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2012, 08:56:03 PM »
meh

Bluezorro

« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2012, 10:51:34 PM »
I think dominoes will be for a slightly different market than the one harlequin and the other one cover.

Admitted they may lose slight trade temporarily but they should then take that on board and up their own game in terms of customer service, presentation of retail unit to compensate for it. 

They sponsor major tv programmes and they drop menus and deliver to marple already from hazel grove.

Pizza hut in hazel grove also delivers to marple.

Bargain booze sales will go up!

Harry

« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2012, 05:20:50 PM »
I doubt if Dominos will affect the Dolce Vita, its primarily a restaurant, and a very good one at that. I think the pizza takeaways, Harlequin and Marple Pizza (if thats what its called, the one tucked away behind the 2nd hand junk shop) will be the ones to suffer.

Duke Fame

« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2012, 03:29:14 PM »
Work has started today , so won't be long before we have yet another takeaway .to go with all the other cafes and charity shops .

Assuming they are a franchise, I wish the owner well & hope the Italian restaurant doesn't lose any customers as a result

amazon

Dominos
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2012, 02:50:24 PM »
Work has started today , so won't be long before we have yet another takeaway .to go with all the other cafes and charity shops .

Duke Fame

« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2012, 01:46:00 PM »
Hmm I feel like I have been here before but last time it was costa coffee....  You all complain about Asda coming and the local shops but you think Costa is great, then Toast closes down and its costa fault! Now Dominos is opening but what about the other Pizza shops in Marple! How long will it be before it gets blamed for another shop closing down. But no sorry it will be Asdas fault i guess.

I suspect it will be a franchise.

I'm not so sure it's quite the same comparison as Asda, Dominoes will complete with Dolce Vito in the main, the other take aways have a different market and it's easier for them to simply go cheaper. I did the accounts for a Dominoes franchise in Leeds  and they have to do very well to cover costs, if it is a franchise, I hope they have done their homework.

wheels

« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2012, 02:47:51 PM »
Hmm I feel like I have been here before but last time it was costa coffee....  You all complain about Asda coming and the local shops but you think Costa is great, then Toast closes down and its costa fault! Now Dominos is opening but what about the other Pizza shops in Marple! How long will it be before it gets blamed for another shop closing down. But no sorry it will be Asdas fault i guess.
Iam not complaining about asda coming I just ment to say I think there's to many shops that are the same
How many takeaways now cafes etc .

There are only so many take aways because local people are useing them