All your Marple and Stockport property and financial needs under one roof

Author Topic: £10,000 boost for Marple's shopping centre  (Read 20743 times)

amazon

Re: £10,000 boost for Marple's shopping centre
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2012, 02:55:29 PM »
Dave, Wheels has just proved your point.

The gentleman in the dark glasses is he not from Mia sure he stands at the tent on a saturday morning .
Well is he the gentleman that stands at the tent on Saturday morning looks like the same one with the megaphone in the photo with the banner .that mark has posted to night .
If it it is why is he with the councilars outside Iceland .reply would be nice
Under the photo it says In the picture below:
LOCAL COUNCILLORS AND MP CELEBRATE £10K BOOST FOR MARPLE ALONG WITH MEMBERS AND SUPPORTERS OF MARPLE’S TOWN TEAM
Front row: l-r Diane Jackson, Cllr Sue Ingham, Andrew Stunell MP, Gillian Postill, David Hoyle
Middle row: l-r Hugh Wheeldon, Mick McPhee, Jo Torkington, Cllr Craig Wright
Back row: l-r Cllr Martin Candler, Peter Dewsnip, Yes it is him and four other members of Marple in Action, and your point is?

Just wanted to know .

Mrs O

« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2012, 02:46:49 PM »

The gentleman in the dark glasses is he not from Mia sure he stands at the tent on a saturday morning .
Well is he the gentleman that stands at the tent on Saturday morning looks like the same one with the megaphone in the photo with the banner .that mark has posted to night .
Under the photo it says In the picture below:
LOCAL COUNCILLORS AND MP CELEBRATE £10K BOOST FOR MARPLE ALONG WITH MEMBERS AND SUPPORTERS OF MARPLE’S TOWN TEAM
Front row: l-r Diane Jackson, Cllr Sue Ingham, Andrew Stunell MP, Gillian Postill, David Hoyle
Middle row: l-r Hugh Wheeldon, Mick McPhee, Jo Torkington, Cllr Craig Wright
Back row: l-r Cllr Martin Candler, Peter Dewsnip, Yes it is him and four other members of Marple in Action, and your point is?

sleepless

« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2012, 12:55:22 PM »
Congratulations to the team who won the £10,000!  A lot of hard work has been put into this bid by people who want Marple to thrive and it's really encouraging to see people in our community who put the graft in for the benefit of the rest of us.

amazon

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2012, 08:31:35 PM »

wheels

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2012, 12:05:12 PM »
Poor customer service is the key Duke, whilst I and other are made to feel like an inconvenience for attempting to buy a packet of nails or a newspaper we will continue to shop elsewhere.

I've never had bad service buying nails. I must  admit I've not exactly had a smile in one of the newsagents that is on the precinct

I think the thing is Duke to compete the service from local shops has to outstanding and memorable not just ok otherwise people will go elsewhere. The service I have had from the decorating store in Marple has been exceptional thus I tell people and go back just ok is not acceptable for small traders and down right rude when buying a newspaper makes you go to the co-op.

Duke Fame

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2012, 11:58:34 AM »
Poor customer service is the key Duke, whilst I and other are made to feel like an inconvenience for attempting to buy a packet of nails or a newspaper we will continue to shop elsewhere.

I've never had bad service buying nails. I must  admit I've not exactly had a smile in one of the newsagents that is on the precinct

wheels

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2012, 01:53:25 PM »

wheels

« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2012, 12:45:16 PM »
Congratulations to all involved in the 'Town Team' and thank you for the hard work that went into the Portas Bid.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the money will be used for.
Perhaps they could spend some on refurbishing the seats .

No, we can do that for nothing, the money must be spent in a way to support the local businesses to thrive. This could be very dull but practical such as a mass appeal to the valuation agency to get rates down. Shame landlords to be less greedy, some rents in Marple are outrageous. BUSINESSES NEED OVERHEADS DOWN and footfall up.

Footfall will be up when the new supermarkets come . So why have the seats not been done I've been banging on about this for twelve months the seats have not had anything done to them since they were installed years ago .perhaps local businesses need to start supporting local people prices for one not closing on Wednesdays
For another they need competition . Not grants

Totally agree and improved customer service. Not snarling at people because your walk into thier shop to buy something

Dave

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2012, 07:02:10 AM »
The money was allocated to 'help make the town centre even more attractive to shoppers', not to line the pockets of local traders.

Duke Fame

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2012, 10:14:59 PM »
Congratulations to all involved in the 'Town Team' and thank you for the hard work that went into the Portas Bid.

Perhaps they could spend some on refurbishing the seats .

No, we can do that for nothing, the money must be spent in a way to support the local businesses to thrive. This could be very dull but practical such as a mass appeal to the valuation agency to get rates down. Shame landlords to be less greedy, some rents in Marple are outrageous. BUSINESSES NEED OVERHEADS DOWN and footfall up.

amazon

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2012, 02:17:43 PM »

thebigshed

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2012, 12:45:22 PM »
If the bid had never been submitted there wouldn't have been a consolation prize.

Dave

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2012, 12:44:24 PM »
Putting together a bid takes time and effort. It's simply a matter of showing a bit of appreciation.

wheels

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2012, 12:26:30 PM »
Wheels, no one is saying that you were "wrong". In fact you were probably right but in whinging sort of way. So in other words you were a right whinger. As I must confess I was. You Dave, "repetative"...Never.     

I just don't understand why one would congratulate people for a bid that failed??? Now whats wrong with that.

Stationery Supplies

• Sponsor
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2012, 12:18:20 PM »