To advertise on this site

Author Topic: Security on Buxton Lane  (Read 1717 times)

Duke Fame

Re: Security on Buxton Lane
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 10:57:41 PM »
I have a very sensitive burglar alarm which can be triggered by movement immediately outside the windows overlooking the back garden. It has gone off twice this week in the evenings while I've been out and after it snowed the other night I went out to the car just before going to bed and saw footprints on the drive and at the side of the house.

The reason I mention this is that tonight when on my way out I saw two young men in dark clothing and knitted type hats pulled well down over their ears hanging around a couple of cars near the school. As it wasn't the first time I'd seen them lurking around the area at night, I drove round the block and when I passed again, the cars had gone and the two had moved to the other side of the road under the trees. I made a great show of slowing down and staring at them and making sure they were aware that I had seen them.

The whole set-up just seemed wrong and as I am not a fanciful or nervous old bat with an over-developed imagination it might be a good idea if other residents of the area keep their eyes open.

If you have a phone with a camera function, take a snap or two.

My login is Henrietta

Security on Buxton Lane
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 10:44:39 PM »
I have a very sensitive burglar alarm which can be triggered by movement immediately outside the windows overlooking the back garden. It has gone off twice this week in the evenings while I've been out and after it snowed the other night I went out to the car just before going to bed and saw footprints on the drive and at the side of the house.

The reason I mention this is that tonight when on my way out I saw two young men in dark clothing and knitted type hats pulled well down over their ears hanging around a couple of cars near the school. As it wasn't the first time I'd seen them lurking around the area at night, I drove round the block and when I passed again, the cars had gone and the two had moved to the other side of the road under the trees. I made a great show of slowing down and staring at them and making sure they were aware that I had seen them.

The whole set-up just seemed wrong and as I am not a fanciful or nervous old bat with an over-developed imagination it might be a good idea if other residents of the area keep their eyes open.