Brabyns Preparatory School

Author Topic: Fighting Dirty  (Read 53334 times)

Victor M

Re: Fighting Dirty
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2012, 07:47:45 AM »
Have to agree with Dave here there is no conflict between the two statements.

In one statement ASDA say that the 17% decline has not been replicated at Cheadle, thereby stating that the reduction has been 17% at Marple Campus.  In the other statement the college Principal and the Financial Officer state that the fall in numbers has been greatest at Cheadle.

Please how can anyone say that the two statements are not complete contradictions of each other?

wheels

« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2012, 12:23:31 AM »
Have to agree with Dave here there is no conflict between the two statements.Victor you appear to be clutching at straws here.

JUst be thankful you habe got one of the better Local Authorities in the North West  :) :) :) to oversee all this.

Victor M

« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2012, 11:38:24 PM »
Dave,
Please read what was said by the ASDA senior manager he said

already students numbers have declined by 17% over the past four years, a trend not replicated at the Cheadle Campus

and the college principal said

The fall was mostly at Cheadle

The two statements can't be more in contradiction of each other.

Dave

« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2012, 11:18:51 PM »
I have read both of the documents which Victor has posted via Admin, and I can't see what the fuss is about. They are stating two different things.

The letter from Asda to the councillors says that student enrolments at the Marple campus of camsfc have fallen by 17% over the past four years.

The minutes of the college governors (March 2012) says that overall enrolments at both campuses (Cheadle and Marple) in 2011 - 2012 were down on the previous year, and the the fall was  'mostly at Cheadle'. 

There is no reason why both statements can't be true. What's the problem, Victor? 

Bluezorro

« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2012, 10:39:16 PM »
It seems most of the students spend money in costa and greggs.

mabel

« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2012, 09:15:09 PM »
There seems to be a general agreement that 'new facilities' = better educational results.  In a perfect world kids would be educated in lovely, well decorated buildings but if I was looking for a college I'd be asking about the leadership and the teaching.  What will the new Buxton Lane campus offer which will improve results?

wheels

« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2012, 08:37:15 PM »
and ???????????? comes to mind

Well, the thought "sell a campus in Marple to prop up the ailing Cheadle site" springs to mind.

Plus the clear duplicity on the part of college/ASDA.

I don't actually agree what you see as duplicity I see as good PR professionals doing their job.

sooty2

« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2012, 08:34:00 PM »
I think Victor IS Miss Marple. After all, has anyone ever seen them together.... ;-)

Dave,
I take great offence at that post. How can anyone think I am Miss Marple!!!! I don't go round stating facts, posting readable messages etc.
Well you have done now, as you have done in the past. It is very much appreciated by some of us on here. Well done Victor.

NeilCorrie

« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2012, 07:28:57 PM »

Well, the thought "sell a campus in Marple to prop up the ailing Cheadle site" springs to mind.

Plus the clear duplicity on the part of college/ASDA.

wheels

« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2012, 06:42:55 PM »

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2012, 06:10:36 PM »
For technical reasons (he's not sure how to do it) I am attaching the letter from ASDA/CAMSFC + a set of minutes sent to me by Victor M:

I have also copied and pasted the paragraph from each document highlighted by Victor for ease of comparison:

Letter to Councillors:
We know that demolishing a College building and replacing it with a supermarket is controversial but that without it the Marple Campus faces an uncertain future – already students numbers have declined by 17% over the past four years, a trend not replicated at the Cheadle Campus. Aquinas and Stockport Colleges can now offer modern facilities encouraging students and their parents to vote with their feet and enrol at these modern campuses.

Minutes of College Corporation March 2012 (item 8.2.1.2):
Governors were also circulated with the Learner Numbers Data Report, updated from that presented to the Committee. TJS asked for clarification of the issues around the reduction in student numbers, the College having under-recruited against targets. AHU reported that the Recruitment Group was collating intelligence about drop in intake by school. The fall was mostly at Cheadle, where students were attracted to other providers for various reasons including financial incentives and travel time. The Group was looking at measures to address the fall in numbers.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Victor M

« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2012, 06:03:55 PM »
I think Victor IS Miss Marple. After all, has anyone ever seen them together.... ;-)

Dave,
I take great offence at that post. How can anyone think I am Miss Marple!!!! I don't go round stating facts, posting readable messages etc.

Victor M

« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2012, 05:59:19 PM »
I would suggest to Victor and others that if you want to see letters sent to local councillors then get yourself elected as a councillor. I  always have respect for those who at leaset put themselves forward for election but those who cannot be bothered to even go through the effort of being elected but still expect the same rights and involvement as those who have are frankly arrogant and often self serving.

Wheels, I have no grouse with any local politician, no where in my messages have I said that I want to see a letter. I said I have seen a letter and can prove that ASDA's representatives, at a very senior level, have lied to Cllrs, by grossly misrepresenting the facts.

amazon

« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2012, 04:59:05 PM »
Ok, I've added a poll - get voting to see that letter!

Where .....
. At the top Amazon .

amazon

« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2012, 03:46:02 PM »
Ok, I've added a poll - get voting to see that letter!

Where .....