Marple Stationery Supplies - Everything for the home, school and office

Author Topic: Coop  (Read 6427 times)

My login is Henrietta

Re: Coop
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2012, 06:28:28 PM »
Agreed - the co-op seems to have gone down hill a lot recently.  Several times I have been in and havent managed to get want I wanted due to stock issues plus you need a spare couple of hours while the check out staff slowly put things through! ???
Staff training leaves a lot to be desired as well. Several times I've been looking for things and even the shelf stackers couldn't find it. The last time I was in I asked for something very run of the mill in the baking department and the assistant had to ask me what it was! The checkout staff are generally lovely though.

kadoma

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2012, 11:53:07 AM »
My wife and I reside in North Wales; within a ten-minute drive we have a Morison’s, Tesco, Aldi, Sainsburys, and Asda.  
Asda is without doubt the best value for money and quality, particularly green grocery for freshness and wide choice.

We return several times a year to the New Mills and Marple area and are usually horrified by the Coop prices. One that had me staggering backwards was the sight of a large jar of Douwe Egberts coffee we purchased the identical here a few days before a recent visit at Asda - £4 on offer. At New Mills Coop £7.49.  Also despite the UK market share that Tesco enjoys, in this part of the UK we find them top of our avoidance list.

wheels

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2012, 09:23:29 AM »
I here that the hardware shop will be opening late at night for their favourite customers.

At the risk of boring our colleagues I will still go to B&Q or get someone to put my screws in for me.  :)

I thought you worked at the Coop Wheels, you should go to Hollins they are local, really good too.

Errrr no I don't work in the Co-op. Not sure Bryce would have me

Duke Fame

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2012, 11:30:10 PM »
I here that the hardware shop will be opening late at night for their favourite customers.

At the risk of boring our colleagues I will still go to B&Q or get someone to put my screws in for me.  :)

I thought you worked at the Coop Wheels, you should go to Hollins they are local, really good too.

wheels

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2012, 11:47:26 AM »

PhilB

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2012, 11:05:06 AM »
And nothing. I am bored of this thread and forum now. Goodbye.

thebigshed

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2012, 07:24:15 AM »
Maybe it is typed on a phone, Vic.

...and?

Bluezorro

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2012, 12:18:05 AM »

wheels

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2012, 11:45:13 PM »
Aldi on chadwick st should sort the coop out in terms of offers and stock/service.

I agree an Aldi would be a real plus for the town. Equally lets not be too negative about the Co-op it's not all bad and probably serves about 60% of most peoples basic needs. I pop in quite often at about 7pm on the way home from work and still find it reasonably well stocked.

Bluezorro

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2012, 09:32:03 PM »
Aldi on chadwick st should sort the coop out in terms of offers and stock/service.

PhilB

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2012, 09:17:46 PM »
Maybe it is typed on a phone, Vic.

Victor M

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 09:08:24 PM »
Sorry, but I'm having great difficulty in reading this thread, it might be my years but the English seems to be rather poor, and as for the lack of capital letters I won't even go there.

PhilB

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 07:52:18 PM »
Nothing to do with needing another supermarket in marple. ( asda lower case) i would do all my shopping on the hollins site if it wasn't a coop.

I can't afford to do a full shop at the coop.

amazon

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 07:25:55 PM »
I just think it is expensive and poor quality. I wish it was a Morrisons. I wouldn't need to leave marple for my shopping. The price of there petrol gets my back up as well!
Code: [Select]

Which coop are you talking about .this is why we need an ASDA people don't them have too leave marple to do there supermarket shop .

PhilB

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 07:18:22 PM »
I just think it is expensive and poor quality. I wish it was a Morrisons. I wouldn't need to leave marple for my shopping. The price of there petrol gets my back up as well!
Code: [Select]