Brabyns Preparatory School -Nurture. Engage. Achieve.

Author Topic: Walk to the college (Saturday 7 July 2012)  (Read 11297 times)

Howard

Re: Walk to the college (Saturday 7 July 2012)
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2012, 04:02:06 PM »
This has become WAY off topic. Posts have been moved and will be dropped back into appropriate threads. Howard

Maria

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2012, 10:32:16 AM »
Not bad for a gathering arranged in a matter of days I say well done MIA.

Johnnyboy

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2012, 10:48:14 PM »
Hav 2 agree ma marple and MIA have done great.  I carnt be bothered looking back through all the posts but if I remember I think ma marple lives on dan bank so Mr Wheels both issues would hav been very important to her.   Where do you live MR Wheels nowhere near Stockport Rd or dan bank I bet   

Rachael

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2012, 09:47:41 PM »
Why would the yes group attend the session at Buxton Lane, there is no need to , Asda will do the hard work for the people in support of the supermarket .

The focus group I attended at Bredbury Hall , there was a couple of ladies there who when we first started discussing the supermarket, were very set against it, by the end of the session through talking to other residents of Marple, their  view had actually changed drasticly , now that is not from influence from Asda, as at the time we did not know it was an Asda focus group ,it was from having level headed discussions , and listening to other opinions in the group, without the back biting and sniping which is getting very very boring to read on here , has no substance , and quite frankly not fair on the members of the forum who are genuinely interested, worried maybe, and maybe cant attend meetings etc, its not fair on them to have to wade through the rubbish to get some proper facts .

What I will say, is that you are  very blinkered if you think the yes group only consists of 3 people, there is more support for it than you think, Im not going to attend a yes meeting, it would be pointless , because if permission goes ahead, Asda are building it, with or without my support.

Marple in Action is well supported , well organised ,  well publicised and fair play to you  on the hard work you do , but in a community of twenty thousand plus people   ... I would be more worried about the signatures, support you havent got ,  you have a good few thousand signatures, but where are all the others ?

wheels

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2012, 08:42:52 PM »
Must say that does not look to be much of a turnout.

Must have been very very disappointing for MiA. The fact is people will have gone along themselves and got the information, they might still be opposed but are perfectly able to make their own representation once the planning application has gone in.

Whilst I still have concerns it does look as if the need for MiA has run its course.

Miss Marple

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2012, 08:40:53 PM »
A few photos from today.

Numbers are Dwindling so where's the massive turnout .the baners and load halers .

Fantastic turn out !

amazon

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2012, 07:41:38 PM »
A few photos from today.

Numbers are Dwindling so where's the massive turnout .the baners and load halers .

sgk

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2012, 07:35:21 PM »
A few photos from today.

Miss Marple

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2012, 04:43:46 PM »
Fantastic turn out (pictures coming soon ). Well done Marple !

wheels

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2012, 10:15:06 AM »
And will you keep marching if you are shown to be out of steep with the majority of local people or if your shown to be wrong if ASDA were to open, as you were with Dan Ban

Miss Marple

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2012, 12:16:48 AM »
I would expect we will be  there around 1.20 pm

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2012, 10:04:35 PM »
Please try and join us for the walk to the college tomorrow.   Walmart need to know that a vast amount  of the community are opposed to a supermarket on Hibbert Lane, which would destroy our community   I know the weather is against us and that there are lots of other events taking place tomorrow, but MIA would love to see you!
If the walk is too long for some people please meet us at Buxton Lane CAMSFC   We need to give a clear message to Walmart  that they are not wanted here.   

Hope to see you all tomorrow  meet in Market St, on route or outside the gates ! 

Local business please join us because the Community need your support !
What time at Buxton Lane, please?

sooty2

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2012, 08:44:10 PM »
I think some people are getting carried away this. It is an open invitation for the people of Marple to go and see the plans. A lot of the people around the two sites have not even been informed of the consultation. I wonder why? No need for tar and feathers. No intention to disrupt anything. ::) Amazon, this is not a march. You could go by car ;D

amazon

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2012, 08:28:54 PM »
It will be a shame if it spoilts the chance people have to see the plans for themselves or if they feel intimidated in showing support for the proposal. I am not sure the vast majority are against it either; not enough to protest about it anyway. If MIA want to simply put their views across and make a stand about it then fair enough but if they start shouting/chanting etc then it isn't going to help anybody.

So are they going to keep marching for the next few years till it gets built .what do they do next
Go to downing street and say we want to stop this supermarket and stop the college I'm proving there facilities..

JMC

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 08:16:23 PM »
It will be a shame if it spoilts the chance people have to see the plans for themselves or if they feel intimidated in showing support for the proposal. I am not sure the vast majority are against it either; not enough to protest about it anyway. If MIA want to simply put their views across and make a stand about it then fair enough but if they start shouting/chanting etc then it isn't going to help anybody.