Marple Glass and Glazing

Author Topic: College and ASDA's Plans Revealed  (Read 54228 times)

wheels

Re: College and ASDA's Plans Revealed
« Reply #137 on: July 14, 2012, 12:36:14 PM »
And, given the valid criticism (on these pages) of the onside questions used by ASDA in the consolation exercise, the list of "alternative" questions on page 2 of the fl yer is beyond parody. "Would you welcome more empty shops"?!!

Actually Guy I don't think they are valid criticisms at all, I don't particularly favour a development but I certainly expect ASDA to make the best possible case for the development that they can and I don't expect their presentation to be anything other than putting their case. I, if you like, expect it to be one sided it is after all ASDA who are paying for it. I am aware where the presentation is coming from and I take that into account.

Just as when I read anything put out by MiA I understand where its coming from and know its one sided and biased. I would not expect MiA to be putting ASDAs case.

So I think all this talk of bias need knocking on the head.

Bowden Guy

« Reply #136 on: July 14, 2012, 12:13:54 PM »
And, given the valid criticism (on these pages) of the one-sided questions used by ASDA in the consulation exercise, the list of "alternative" questions on page 2 of the flyer is beyond parody. "Would you welcome more empty shops"?!!

Bowden Guy

« Reply #135 on: July 14, 2012, 12:10:21 PM »
Just received a flyer from MIA through my letterbox. It contains the snide comment that the Principal of C&MSFC does not live in Marple (as if that has anything to do with the issues at stake here). Here's a question from me. Will all the people who are active in MIA please confirm, via this website, where they actually work? Presumably, they must all live and work within Marple?

JMC

« Reply #134 on: July 12, 2012, 11:14:20 PM »
No leaflets in parts of Hawk Green either.

sgk

« Reply #133 on: July 12, 2012, 08:12:12 PM »
Still not had any information about this proposal.  Weren't leaflets supposed to be delivered to all residents?  I know that Romiley residents have had them (well at least the people I know in Romiley).  We live in Marple Bridge and haven't had anything delivered.

Nothing round marple bridge area .

I live in Marple Bridge and had leaflets delivered about a week ago. 

No leaflets here in this part of Marple Bridge.  Did get leaflets for the opening of Hattersley Tesco this week though.

Marplemum

« Reply #132 on: July 12, 2012, 07:40:53 PM »
Still not had any information about this proposal.  Weren't leaflets supposed to be delivered to all residents?  I know that Romiley residents have had them (well at least the people I know in Romiley).  We live in Marple Bridge and haven't had anything delivered.

I live in Marple Bridge and had leaflets delivered about a week ago. 

amazon

« Reply #131 on: July 12, 2012, 07:35:50 PM »

Rachael

« Reply #130 on: July 12, 2012, 06:47:41 PM »
I dont think I got an answer to my question Mark about why they have asked their members not to fill them in :(

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #129 on: July 12, 2012, 05:48:44 PM »

That's interesting isn't it. So we've now heard that they were delivered in Offerton and Romiley but not on Woodville Drive, just round the corner to the site.

Why were the No group asked to not fill in the questionaire ?   what is the purpose of not filling it in?

This seems very strange to me too. Surely you would want the No people to say they object, otherwise the survey would not be representative. The one I filled in had a box to tick if you object. I think it's odd that Marple in Action would give this guidance to its supporters.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Deniseam

« Reply #128 on: July 12, 2012, 04:26:59 PM »

Heritage

« Reply #127 on: July 12, 2012, 02:02:02 PM »
What actually happens to all the filled-in questionnaires???

Villager

« Reply #126 on: July 12, 2012, 01:41:50 PM »
I back on to the college and did not receive a leaflet, but did visit the consultation on Saturday.  In response to my question about the traffic flow and the number of estimated customers, the reply was that Marple people would not use their cars and so the traffic situation would not greatly worsen.  Bit of a nonsense when they propose building a petrol station on site!

Jerome Caminada

« Reply #125 on: July 09, 2012, 10:04:27 AM »
Im glad there seems to be a balanced viewpoint on here re ASDA.
I for one am in favour of the plans especially after seeing the proposals first hand now.
It can only be positive for Marple in my opinion and nobody can argue that the centre is in dire need of an injection of life and I don't see any realistic alternatives put forward by MIA!

wheels

« Reply #124 on: July 08, 2012, 10:51:47 PM »
But of course they are going to set the questions to maximise the response they want what's wrong with that.They are fighting their corner just as those opposed to them are fighting theirs don't imply they are doing something wrong for doing the best for their side,

sooty2

« Reply #123 on: July 08, 2012, 09:25:39 PM »
Answering the Asda questions is saying ,I want an Asda. They have been set by a psychologist to get the results they want. I have been told some of the questions have been changed on a later print run. But I have not actually seen two sets of question.