Marple Glass and Glazing

Author Topic: MP and Councillors  (Read 11833 times)

simonesaffron

Re: MP and Councillors
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2012, 06:20:01 AM »
It's a good question.   If you click 'members' in the bar across the top of the forum, you'll see that there are currently 820 registered members, of whom nearly half have never actually posted!  820 is 3.5% of the population of Marple - so 96.5% of us are not members of this forum.  And the number of members who post on this issue regularly is really tiny - fewer than 20, at a guess.   Which leaves approx 23,480 good folk in Marple whose opinions are not registered here.  So let's not regard ourselves as representative!   ;D 
I may be a little of topic my old friend but even Walmart felt that 10,000 leaflets were enough to alert the community to their consultation so why do you keep going on about 23,480    But good news Dave old chap MIA have now nearly 11,000 signatures    Think you need to run off  another 1,000 leaflets Walmart  :D

Miss M,

Polite request: What do you intend to do with all those signatures, who will you give them to, what will they do with them ? 

Miss Marple

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2012, 10:38:58 PM »
It's a good question.   If you click 'members' in the bar across the top of the forum, you'll see that there are currently 820 registered members, of whom nearly half have never actually posted!  820 is 3.5% of the population of Marple - so 96.5% of us are not members of this forum.  And the number of members who post on this issue regularly is really tiny - fewer than 20, at a guess.   Which leaves approx 23,480 good folk in Marple whose opinions are not registered here.  So let's not regard ourselves as representative!   ;D 
I may be a little of topic my old friend but even Walmart felt that 10,000 leaflets were enough to alert the community to their consultation so why do you keep going on about 23,480    But good news Dave old chap MIA have now nearly 11,000 signatures    Think you need to run off  another 1,000 leaflets Walmart  :D

Dave

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2012, 11:03:42 AM »

Victor M

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2012, 10:50:27 AM »
Are the views represented by contributors to this forum that of the public at large or just forum members?
I thought you have to be a forum member to be able to post on this site.

Alan,
You asked the question who could post on this site and have now confirmed the answer to your own question, do you need to rephrase your original question?

alan@marple

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2012, 10:18:12 AM »
I believe you are correct- Your point sir?

Victor M

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2012, 12:20:56 PM »
Are the views represented by contributors to this forum that of the public at large or just forum members?
I thought you have to be a forum member to be able to post on this site.

Miss Marple

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2012, 04:21:16 PM »
Credit where credits due !  Andrew Stunnall  and the councillors all turned up to the MIA stall and spoke to residents concerned about the proposals.  Our MP was also able to inform us of the developing proposals. 

wheels

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2012, 01:13:34 PM »
Just how many members (excluding local traders) does the MIA have.

Good question Alan because they come across as hectoring bullies with little understanding as to how the system works.

Their behaviour is like that of a young child shouting and crying with little attention given to the fact. We have elected Representatives I have more respect for those who have stood for public office even if not elected than I do for self appointed CAVE dwellers.

alan@marple

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2012, 12:44:50 PM »
Just how many members (excluding local traders) does the MIA have.

alstan

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 09:35:59 AM »
Our MP because he is already playing a role in this matter and a speedy response from our councillors because this is electorally the most sensitive issue in Marple and a proposition on which they chose to take a position before the proposition was even made.

wheels

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 09:08:17 AM »
Why your MP he is not part of the decision making process and has no significant role to play here and I hope your Councillors are all already too busy to alter their plans to respond such late invitations.

Miss Marple

MP and Councillors
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 08:12:16 PM »
I have invited our MP and our two newly re  elected councillors who declared there opposition to a supermarket on Hibbert Lane to the MIA stall tomorrow.  I have as yet not had a reply but I am hopeful that they will set aside an hour or so tomorrow to meet the community who supported them gain re election