Brabyns Preparatory School -Scholarships

Author Topic: Car Wing Mirrors being kicked off and cars damaged  (Read 3625 times)

alan@marple

Car Wing Mirrors being kicked off and cars damaged
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2004, 08:51:50 AM »
Reading the various postings. prompts me to suggest that readers might like to take a look at the community councils webpage. There is a leader article about crime and disorder.

Perhaps residents might like to support the Marple community council by attending the meeting this week

Here's a  direct link to the MCC site http://www.marpleccexec.org.uk/
Admin

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2004, 04:47:47 PM »
Hi given up, I think you have misunderstood me I have read other peoples postings and iam not saying people cannot moan, I agree that this is what this is for, I am moaning myself.  I will attend the meetings but I do not know where or when they are and as for me having all the answers I wish I did,  but unfortunately I do not and thankfully I do not have any children so I am thankfully in no way responsible for this. But I can assure you that if it happened to one of my neighbours I would not think twice about helping out. I am very upset to hear about all this and I am on the same side as everyone on here so please do not think I am critiscising anybody I am not

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2004, 09:01:31 PM »
AMANDA,

It is quite apparent that you have not read the other postings in this section,  offers of meetings have been made and a public meeting is in the offing, will you attend?

As for people moaning, I think they have a right too and a forum of this nature is designed just for that.

As you clearly have the answers maybe you will now tell people how to do what you suggest,  where this group is, when is it meeting next, who do we contact.

Or are you full of hot air placing spurious postings.

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2004, 04:29:41 PM »
Unacceptable behaviour what we need to remember is we pay the wages of our police so if we want them to do something by right they should there are never any police in Marple at night. But it is no good keep maoning on here about it we need to go the Marple action group or speak to our local MP and get them have a word with the Police and get them to start Policing!

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2004, 02:01:45 PM »
I can tell you exactly what the police will do about this, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING !

Just before Christmas, my wife was attacked on her own door step by an unnown person.  Although the police caught this coward, the attacker was and remains to be better treated and better informed than us.

Within the area I live in our so called neighbours shut curtains, looked the other way and would not assist or give evidence.

It comes to something when a disabled person lives in fear inside there own home.

My view of the police is not favourable,  the law falls on the side of the criminal and the community spirit is non existent.

A person has offered to hold a meeting at his house and appears to an offer from a person who cares, we need to pull together quickly or do we have to wait for a person to be killed before anyone gets the message.

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2004, 09:42:00 PM »
I am sick and tired of yobs damaging cars. Last Friday 8-10 car wing mirrors were ripped off... This happened on Church Lane but I am sure this happens in other areas of Marple.

This has happened on various occasions on Fridays and Saturday Nights..

What are the local council & police going to do about this !!!!

Fed Up