Certified Charter Accountants in Marple

Author Topic: Smoking restaurants  (Read 4030 times)

Smoking restaurants
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2004, 04:53:20 PM »
This is surely the best way to persuade pubs and restaurants to provide non-smoking areas - vote with your feet.  And it's surely much better than imposing a legal ban, which is being tried in some USA states and will also be imposed very soon, I believe, in the Irish republic - and which, incidentally, appears to be favoured by our own MP Andrew Stunnell.   ':cool:'

alan@marple

Smoking restaurants
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2004, 02:06:13 PM »
A party of four of us recently went to "The Edge". We had a most enjoyable meal, beautifully cooked, nicely presented and served and complemented by good wine.

My daughter and her husband, on my recomendation, attempted to book a table the other evening for a special occasion, but were prevented from doing so because the only seats available were in the smoking room.

So rather than suffer the effects and unpleasantness of having tobaco smoke and fumes drifting around them whilst eating and coming away smelling of stale tobaco in their clothes and hair, they went elsewhere.

I would venture to suggest that if the whole restaurant was non smoking both rooms would always be full most of the time and the high quality of the food and service would be unimpaired

alastair

Smoking restaurants
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2003, 09:49:22 PM »
you could always try the other italian in marple (the one on derby way) am sure they have a no smoking policy somewhere!

alan@marple

Smoking restaurants
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2003, 08:21:04 PM »
The other day, I was thinking of organising a family meal at the Italien Restuarant in Marple. I went to look at the menu displayed in the window and was very saddened to see a poster in that window, informing potential diners that the restaurant permitted smoking throughout.

I do realise that a smoke after a meal may be very enjoyable, for those who must.

However there is nothing worse than having to endure the next tables smoke whilst trying to enjoy a meal.

Many restaurants do offer no smoking areas, and these are very popular.

I therefore will not be visiting this restaurant, but entertain no doubt, that as they can afford to exclude the non smokers in their considerations, their profits are unaffected.