Cole and Fox Interior Design Marple | Romiley | Stockport

Author Topic: Vandalism/Criminal Damage and frustration  (Read 7877 times)

Vandalism/Criminal Damage and frustration
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2003, 01:19:06 PM »
Good grief!

Just where is all this happening?

2002standardmat

Vandalism/Criminal Damage and frustration
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2003, 08:02:06 PM »
For the last 4 years of living on my street (and since before I moved in),all the residents have had to endure a range of antisocial/criminal behaviour including;

the obligatory keying of cars;

wing mirrors being knocked off;

youths running over cars/throwing bricks at them;

the usual fruit/veg being thrown at windows;

bricks being thrown through double galzed windows of elderly residents;

fighting in the street;

youths threatening to assault/rob anyone who confromnts them;

and now a couple of muggings!

The problem lies in a combination of drunkedn youths and a foot path to the end of the street which is used as access to an estate at the rear..

Despite reproting incidents to the police, local councillors and the MP, nothing has ever been done to stop the problem for good - only a bit of night monitoring by the police which never came to anything.

Aa an experienced local authority environmental health offcier, I am aware of where the line of anti social behaviour ends and criminal behaviour begins and this is getting beyond a joke.

After a couple of weekends of more mindless violence I am now looking into the possiblity of trying to get the walk through closed.  I guess it will never become a reality, but I will not be happy unitl it has at least been tried.

I would be interested into anybodies thoughts/experinces in dealing with such issues in the Marple area.

Sorry if this seems like a bit of a rant,but we are all getting towards our wits end and I can only feel that  nothing will ever be done to sort it all out.