Wealth Management | S&T Wealth provide portfolio & investment advice

Author Topic: Marple Bridge Christies -> now Dutsons  (Read 9705 times)

Heritage

Re: Marple Bridge Christies -> now Dutsons
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2012, 07:13:19 AM »
Good luck to the owners of they wanted to turn their back on a profitable vibrant cafe and do something new....am only jealous! I suspect though that in reality it would be hard to turn in a decent profit based on the menu they offered in the changing times of cafe culture in the area...I went myself several times but in the end it seemed dark, creaky and in need of updating desperately. The fact a place is full doesn't mean it's profitable if the model's not right. Still - good luck to the new owners and the old ones too.....

Duke Fame

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2012, 12:09:38 AM »
Christies didn't shut down because they didn't do well!! I've been going there for years as do many other people I know and it was often full.  The previous owners wanted to do something new after being there for a long time thats all 

That's surprising as I'd have thought the owners would get a manager in to run it if they wanted to do other things.

Lisa Oldham

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2012, 11:46:01 PM »
Christies didn't shut down because they didn't do well!! I've been going there for years as do many other people I know and it was often full.  The previous owners wanted to do something new after being there for a long time thats all 

Heritage

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2012, 10:04:27 PM »
I agree about the children....worth always remembering though that if more of those wanting a cheap teacake and cuppa had patronised Christie's, it might still be there.....customer buying power is what makes or breaks it to a degree.

Miss C

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 09:41:31 PM »
I agree, I wish them well- I noticed all the wine on display as I passed tonight. I also liked Christies though- I love Libby's but Christies menu was much more child friendly. I hope that along with all the lovely delicatessen food, they also keep the beans on toast on the menu!! Good luck Dutsons and please remember the children!

Blossom

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 08:39:47 PM »
When we are out with the dogs we are very partial to a take out coffee.  It was 90p at Christies, I hope it doesn't double at Dutsons but I fear it might.  Still, I might be surprised.

elpram

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 07:39:21 PM »
The Christie's product had become increasingly out of touch with the times and was not really in a position to be sustainable with Libby's across the road unless it underwent a radical rethink.

I think the "Christies product" was a welcome and realistic one... always popular with parents and kids as well as those who just wanted a toasted teacake and a resonably priced cuppa! Libby's is lovely but a bit OTT for an after school stop off, though I look forward to trying the evening menu.
I hope Dutsons doesn't try and get too clever... or all the previous customers may well go over to Libby's - nothing wrong with being a bit cheap and cheerful... even in Marple Bridge  :P

Marplemum

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 10:22:38 PM »
I'm looking forward to it opening and will definitely support them. Marple Bridge is really turning out to be the place to come for eating and drinking.   Good luck boys!

Heritage

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 08:48:29 PM »
Excellent to see yet more people trying to bring [what we hope is] a quality product to the community. I wish them well and will inevitably be sampling their wares as soon as possible! The Christie's product had become increasingly out of touch with the times and was not really in a position to be sustainable with Libby's across the road unless it underwent a radical rethink.

sgk

Marple Bridge Christies -> now Dutsons
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 07:52:39 PM »
Walking down Town Street today I saw that Christies cafe has been bought up by the Dutson brothers, and looks like they've big plans for the place. 

Refit progressing swiftly (seems to be happening far quicker than down the road at the Norfolk Arms).  Due to open 26th March.

http://www.dutsons.co.uk
https://www.facebook.com/dutsons