A.C.M. Financial Services Ltd - for all aspects of financial planning

Author Topic: Compstall Mill Development  (Read 17417 times)

Belly

Re: Compstall Mill Redevelopment Proposals
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2008, 06:38:44 PM »
Having visited the Exhibition I am particularly concerned about parking arrangements. If my memory is correct there are to be 90+ Apartments and 30+ Houses, with parking available for 122 residents and 20+ parking for businesses.  We all know that currently the average car parking requirement for many dwellings is approaching over 2 per dwelling, thus it could be that 122+ extra vehicles will be parked on the neighboring roads. It is even worse than this for the house parking area is within a garage which many people prefer to use for storage rather than parking their cars, and some garages are for two cars, thus the available parking area within the complex could be less than 60. As a cyclist I also wonder what provision will be made for apartment owners to store there cycle, or windsurfers etc. for that matter. And what about children? Do we assume these aparments are only available to the elderly? If not, then there could be, say, 100 children with nowhere to play apart from Etherow Country Park which isn't suitable for unsupervised toddlers, or Brabyns Park across a very busy and now congested road. More thought needs to go into this before it is approved.

I don't believe for one moment that Stockport Council will permit a general housing development with less than one parking space per dwelling. Their own planning guidance would put a stop to that.

Likewise, the Council will also place planning conditions on the site to secure cycling provision in line with their planning standards.

I'm not sure the council has 'windsurfer' parking standards though!

I think that it would be worth waiting for the actual planning application to be lodged before passing too great a judgement.

CTCREP

Re: Compstall Mill Redevelopment Proposals
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 04:46:14 PM »
Having visited the Exhibition I am particularly concerned about parking arrangements. If my memory is correct there are to be 90+ Apartments and 30+ Houses, with parking available for 122 residents and 20+ parking for businesses.  We all know that currently the average car parking requirement for many dwellings is approaching over 2 per dwelling, thus it could be that 122+ extra vehicles will be parked on the neighboring roads. It is even worse than this for the house parking area is within a garage which many people prefer to use for storage rather than parking their cars, and some garages are for two cars, thus the available parking area within the complex could be less than 60. As a cyclist I also wonder what provision will be made for apartment owners to store there cycle, or windsurfers etc. for that matter. And what about children? Do we assume these aparments are only available to the elderly? If not, then there could be, say, 100 children with nowhere to play apart from Etherow Country Park which isn't suitable for unsupervised toddlers, or Brabyns Park across a very busy and now congested road. More thought needs to go into this before it is approved.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Compstall Mill Development
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 07:38:04 AM »
There is an exhibition showing the new redevelopment proposals for the Compstall Mill site being held at St Paul's Church, Compstall. It will be open today Friday 13th June - (6.30pm to 8.30pm) and tomorrow, Saturday 14th June (10am to 2.00pm).
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

MCC Executive Committee

Compstall Mill
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2003, 01:16:36 PM »
Why not ring Planning Department or better still ask one of the tenants.
It might just be a red herring (again?)!
 ':O'

Peter

Compstall Mill Development
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2003, 11:47:35 AM »
I have just been told of a rumour that Compstall Mill is to be demolished to make way for housing. Aparently all the tenants are on 12 months notice. Does anybody know if this rumour has any substance?