All your Marple and Stockport property and financial needs under one roof

Author Topic: planning  (Read 2244 times)

Steptoe and Son

Re: planning
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2012, 09:14:29 PM »
http://www.civicvoice.org.uk/campaigns/fair-planning/

I'll email Stunnel and tell him I'm right behind the plans

I'm sure things will fall straight into place now  ;D

Duke Fame

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 06:15:27 PM »
http://www.civicvoice.org.uk/campaigns/fair-planning/

Hmmm, the concerns aren't really valid, the bill actually puts more power locally. I think most agree that when it comes to development, there should only be an objection where there is a valid reason. For many a moon, we've been hamstrung by a slow planning process. The most visible example being where we built a tunnel under the English Tunnel and a high speed link all the way to Paris but planning meant it took another 20 years to get a 30 miles link into London running at anything like a decent speed.

The UK economy needs to be able to do things quickly to keep up, I'll email Stunnel and tell him I'm right behind the plans

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 03:48:17 PM »
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Duke Fame

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 12:45:56 PM »
Can you re-post the draft letter, the link doesn't work for me.

I must say, I prefer to write my own letters and Stunnel / Pickles bill looks excellent and the isn't much to fault it. What are the negatives because it all looks good from where I'm standing.

Ps is this eXploiting hyper local community websites in your social media piece on the web?

amazon

planning
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 02:25:38 PM »
Dear Members,

Re: Government Planning Policy Reform

As you will no doubt be aware the government is working to reform the planning policy.
There is a lot in the planning policy reform that is good but the presumption in favour of planning development and the reduction in planning guidance from 1.300 pages to 52 pages can only mean that inappropriate development, including building in rural areas, will  be inevitable and there will  little or no powers to stop it. In fact, the new guidance will support it.

You can write  to Andrew Stunell by following the link below. There is a suggested letter to send by email to which you can add your own sentiments also. It's easy to do.

We wish all our members a  Merry Christmas and a  Happy New Year

Gillian

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Civic Voice (@civic_voice)
22/12/2011 10:51

keep pressure up by backing our campaign bit.ly/v0jDOk