Marple Health - for Wholefoods and Supplements to look GOOD and feel GREAT!

Author Topic: Councillors expenses  (Read 14459 times)

sooty2

Re: Councillors expenses
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2011, 12:14:48 AM »
You have not answered my questions or defended yourself.What is a paper candidate?What is a proper candidate?I think the con's cannot be serious about taking Marple or they would get their act together and put a "PROPER" candidate forward.You need to wise up a bit and not insult our intelligence. Do you have a mentor?I hate to see people make a fool of themselves.

Carl Rydings

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2011, 12:08:31 AM »
Just done a bit of digging on you,I see you are an associate of OJ's.You are 20 years old,I would like to see the Con's have a go around these parts,But sadly for you, one who has lived a bit, ie Education,Work experience,running a home be it bought or rented.Maybe responsibility for a child.How can you possibly know what you are talking about?Come back in 20 years.You may get a few votes then!Also, I think your grammar needs a few tweeks to be taken seriously?Just a thought. ::)

Oliver is around my age, so im assuming you had the same concerns about him?
Also, our Hazel Grove winner this year was William Wragg, who is 23.

I have been co-running a company since 2008, a few of my duties over the years
have been finance, marketing, sales, operations, product development and more.

Carl Rydings

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2011, 12:00:48 AM »
I am happy to answer here and be transparent.

Oliver was the candidate in Marple South in 2010, 2011 was Andrew Lord (who is a big part
of our campaign in Marple North), these were both what we call 'paper candidates' because
we didn't have a proper candidate to put forward and i didn't feel ready to put myself forward.

Now im more then ready to be the candidate and will not be going anywhere for as long as my
party wants me as the Marple South candidate.

In my view the Conservative party has not put alot of effort into Marple South in recent years,
which is one of the reasons i wanted to be the candidate, im going to change that, as i think
the Lib Dems have got away with far too much for too long.

sooty2

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2011, 11:52:39 PM »
Just done a bit of digging on you,I see you are an associate of OJ's.You are 20 years old,I would like to see the Con's have a go around these parts,But sadly for you, one who has lived a bit, ie Education,Work experience,running a home be it bought or rented.Maybe responsibility for a child.How can you possibly know what you are talking about?Come back in 20 years.You may get a few votes then!Also, I think your grammar needs a few tweeks to be taken seriously?Just a thought. ::)

sooty2

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2011, 11:25:48 PM »
What happened to Oliver?P.M me if you like?He hopped on the forum to promote himself and then, gone! ::)

Carl Rydings

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2011, 10:35:49 PM »
Following the election in May Conservative Councilors in Stockport kept their promise to reduce their allowances by 10%.

The Lib Dems voted to increase allowances by over £1,000.
To date, none of the Marple Lib Dem councilors have taken any reduction in their allowances.

As the Conservative candidate for Marple South in May,
if i win the reduction will apply to me and my colleague in Marple North. Annette Finnie.

At a time where we have to make cuts to public services, councilors should lead by example.

Lisa Oldham

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2011, 08:26:40 PM »
more common sense than mps?  why? 
Theyre politicians.. every few years they all behave so we forget theyre  ***** etc ers so we vote for them again..and in marple councillors cases..again and again and again...  they all know theyre safe as houses!
Personally I'd think the british local and national electorate would have had more sense many years ago... however...  :D

bat man

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2011, 08:20:09 PM »
Yes MPs have had  a raise in there salaries and it is a disgrace but you would expect local councillors to have more common sense and to think of there local constituates. :D

Lisa Oldham

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2011, 07:50:34 PM »
I'm not surprised at all.  Really dont understand why people are surprised considering their history!  Its every Marple liberal democrat voters fault.   BUT as an extra thought, didnt party wide MPs vote for an increase in their wages not so long ago too!   

chicky

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 07:24:35 PM »
I cannot believe that this is allowed to happen when everyone else is facing cut backs, job insecurities and the elect few are still looking after number one. The system seems to be so wrong in so many ways.

bat man

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 06:49:15 PM »
The same Liberal Democrats refused to support a motion to re instate 20+ crossing patrols,obviously there expenses come before the safety of children.Roll on election time,I will be contacting Andrew Stunnell. >:(

bat man

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 06:44:52 PM »
Sorry to disappoint you Alan but its not a wind up,it was in the latest edition of Intouch produced by  :-[Bredbury green and Romiley conservatives,I think there should be pressure put on all councillors not to have there expenses raised.

alan@marple

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 06:38:00 PM »
If this is not a windup I am thoroughly disgusted.

Would any one elected representative come on this forum and justify such action

I cannot describe the contempt I have for some of the Marple Councillors and their leader.

I knew councillors who spent many years representing the electors of every persuasion and did not draw one penny,
they did it for the love of the community. Now it is a paid job with a pension and allowances.

The Town Clerk, The Borough Engineer, The Chief Education Officer The Chief Librarian, The Parks Superintendent and a few others ran the day to day activities of the district.

One of The Marple  councillors recently stood up at a meeting advocating support of the local traders and where did I see her the following day- out of the district Shopping at Aldi, but then perhaps she might have been comparing prices!!?

We need reform, in my opinion and each and every one of them should stand at the next election

Arrogant and Abrasive, that's my opinion

bat man

Councillors expenses
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 01:06:48 PM »
The Liberals on stockport council have voted through to have there expense allowance raised,how is this fair when there are people losing there jobs and services being cut,councillors need reminding that they can be voted out,does any councillor feel it is fair to have a raise in there allowances?? >:(