Janine Kelly - Yoga teacher in Marple

Author Topic: Councillors expenses  (Read 14499 times)

Dave

Re: Councillors expenses
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2011, 10:24:18 AM »
I entirely agree that this is not a good time for councillors to increase their expense allowances.  However, let's not confuse this issue with the quite separate one of MPs' pay.  And anyway, it is not true that .... 
didnt party wide MPs vote for an increase in their wages not so long ago

No they didn't.  MPs had a pay freeze this year.  Their pay review body receommended a 1% increase but the MPs themselves very wisely rejected it.

And on the wider issue of MPs' pay, surely its truly ridiculous that we elect people to run the country for us, and then pay them less than a school headteacher or our local GP. The words 'peanuts' and 'monkeys' come to mind   ::)

alan@marple

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2011, 09:44:51 AM »
Following the election in May Conservative Councilors in Stockport kept their promise to reduce their allowances by 10%.

The Lib Dems voted to increase allowances by over £1,000.
To date, none of the Marple Lib Dem councilors have taken any reduction in their allowances.

As the Conservative candidate for Marple South in May,
if i win the reduction will apply to me and my colleague in Marple North. Annette Finnie.

At a time where we have to make cuts to public services, councilors should lead by example.

This is what i posted earlier in case you missed it Alan, i would like to hear your views.

Mr Rydings, not wishing to repeat myself, you  will see my response on post 522.

Please let me know if you have a regular night that you attend Marple Conservative Club, I would very much like to meet you

bat man

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2011, 09:28:51 AM »
Now getting back to councilors expenses,are there any lib dem councillors who view this site?if there are come on and defend your descission,oh and dont give us the old excuse prices have risen so your expenses should rise,I have not had a pay rise for 1 year and face another year without one,so come on explain yourselves. :o

bat man

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2011, 09:24:13 AM »
Some times we have to put age and experience to one side and give someone a chance,how can anyone get experience if we are not prepared to give them a chance,we have put up with older people as councillors,let some youth through if they don't succeed then they can take a step aside and learn by there mistakes.I am sure we have all learnt by our mistakes and are still learning, who ever is elected and whatever there age as long as they really listen to us ordinary folk maybe there will be a refreshing change in polotics,or am I a dreamer,by the way I am an older person but I am prepared to give younger people a chance. :)

Carl Rydings

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2011, 12:59:04 AM »
Following the election in May Conservative Councilors in Stockport kept their promise to reduce their allowances by 10%.

The Lib Dems voted to increase allowances by over £1,000.
To date, none of the Marple Lib Dem councilors have taken any reduction in their allowances.

As the Conservative candidate for Marple South in May,
if i win the reduction will apply to me and my colleague in Marple North. Annette Finnie.

At a time where we have to make cuts to public services, councilors should lead by example.

This is what i posted earlier in case you missed it Alan, i would like to hear your views.

Carl Rydings

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2011, 12:53:25 AM »
Alan, this is not about seniority,it is about life experience.Maybe his father is proud.Of what I ask?He has done nothing yet.

I co-run a company, that's something alot of people couldn't do, and making decisions for
a council is alot like making decision for a company. Can we get back to expenses please?

sooty2

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2011, 12:50:34 AM »
Alan, this is not about seniority,it is about life experience.Maybe his father is proud.Of what I ask?He has done nothing yet.

alan@marple

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2011, 12:48:44 AM »
 Mr Rydings, you are quite right, lets get back to the expenses subject, I think a diversion was being created.

alan@marple

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2011, 12:45:04 AM »
Dear Mrs O

It is my opinion that you seem to think that your seniority in years gives you licence to belittle him, If he was my son I would be very proud of him.

Please be kind !

Carl Rydings

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2011, 12:42:30 AM »
Alan,in what way am I being unkind?I am giving the lad some advice.I have admitted that I myself make errors.

I will always take constructive criticism on board, and like i said in a
previous post i do work on my grammer.

We use whatever candidates come along, if no women apply then you get a man, simple.

Im not a minor, im 21 this month and thank you

I think we are spending to much time on something unrealated to the topic, which is Councilors expenses.

sooty2

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2011, 12:41:42 AM »
Night Night! you win.I cannot converse with a minor.Good Luck with the election :'(

sooty2

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2011, 12:37:07 AM »
Alan,in what way am I being unkind?I am giving the lad some advice.I have admitted that I myself make errors.

alan@marple

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2011, 12:34:24 AM »
Mrs O

Please don't be unkind about the Gentleman's grammar, it is not nice. Let us encourage these young people to take an active part in community life, please please ! and speaking about " wise up" just where does appear in our use of the English Language?

Dear Lady be nice!

sooty2

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2011, 12:32:18 AM »
So a paper candidate is a nonsense then?Whats the point?If you had learning support at school with English then it is very important that you try your best to make an effort.There is a spell check on the forum for all to use.It is not a crime to use it, but sadly not being able to spell is frowned upon by some,Lots of people make spelling and grammatical errors, myself included.Why are the Con's using boy candidates? Wragg?The Con's don't stand a chance.

Carl Rydings

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2011, 12:18:08 AM »
Also, I think your grammar needs a few tweeks to be taken seriously?Just a thought. ::)

I am sorry for my grammer, i do try and do work on it all the time. At school
i had learning support classes for english, just never really clicked with me.

A paper candidate is a candidate which is just on the baliot to fill the space up
and a proper candidate is a candidate who actually wants the job.

I am not insulting anyones intelligence, im trying to be as open as i can.

I am defending myself, i am saying running a company is alot like running a
house, so i have that experience to pull from.