Self Catering Holiday Cottages in
Marple, Stockport & Cheshire

Author Topic: Councillors expenses  (Read 14498 times)

Duke Fame

Re: Councillors expenses
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2011, 11:01:18 AM »
It's OK, I know all about the wards and who our councillors are! We'll look forward to learning about the survey when you've heard from Annette.

Why did you need to ask then Dave?

Carl Rydings

« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2011, 07:42:19 PM »
Well Carl at least you have taken the trouble to interact with the community via this forum it's a pity our current elected members dont follow your lead.  I would love to know what Mr Dusty's views are on the supermarket issue wouldn't you  :-\

Thanks, I don't know why they don't use this forum, the people here are those who want to engage
with their councilors and is a really good way to sense the mood of the electorate on local issues.

alan@marple

« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2011, 06:29:14 PM »
Well Carl at least you have taken the trouble to interact with the community via this forum it's a pity our current elected members dont follow your lead.  I would love to know what Mr Dusty's views are on the supermarket issue wouldn't you  :-\
Here Here Miss Marple

Miss Marple

« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2011, 05:44:45 PM »

Dave

« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2011, 01:17:04 PM »
It's OK, I know all about the wards and who our councillors are! We'll look forward to learning about the survey when you've heard from Annette.

Carl Rydings

« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2011, 01:08:35 PM »
That's very interesting, Carl. Can you tell us more about the survey? Who conducted it, how it was done, the size and profile of the sample, etc? Also, who or what is 'Marple North'? Thanks.

Hi, First ill explain how the councilors are set up here:

Marple North Ward
Covers: North Marple, Marple Bridge, Mellor and Compstall
Councilors: Martin Candler, Andrew Bispham, Craig Wright
Conservative Candidate (2012): Annette Finnie

Marple South Ward
Covers: South Marple, Hawk Green, High Lane and Strines.
Councilors: Shan Alexander, Kevin Dowling, Sue Ingham
Conservative Candidate (2012): Carl Rydings

It will say on your polling card which Ward your in or you can check with
Stockport Council's Electoral Registration Office on 0161 217 6026.

As for the survey, that's all the information i currently have on it,
but i will ask Annette for more details for you and will post it shortly.

Hope that helps.

Dave

« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2011, 12:18:51 PM »
That's very interesting, Carl. Can you tell us more about the survey? Who conducted it, how it was done, the size and profile of the sample, etc? Also, who or what is 'Marple North'? Thanks.

Carl Rydings

« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2011, 11:49:03 AM »
Hello Carl.  Where do you stand on the supermarket issue it will be very intresting to know given two Lib councillors are up for election ?

Hi Miss Marple,

Although I run a business and I see the need to have new jobs created in the area, I do think an ASDA there (and the second supermarket in Marple)
would be to the detriment of the local small shops in Marple centre. Also, Hilbert lane in my view is really not designed to take the amount of traffic
it would need to for the supermarket. So in answer to your question, I am against the plans for those reasons.

I do think the site should be kept for education. If the plans do go though and you want the local shops to stay you need to use them,
I can't stress that enough. Marple North did a survey recently, it showed two-thirds where against and one-third for another supermarket in Marple.

I hope that answers your question.

Miss Marple

« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2011, 09:53:01 PM »
Alan, this is not about seniority,it is about life experience.Maybe his father is proud.Of what I ask?He has done nothing yet.

I co-run a company, that's something alot of people couldn't do, and making decisions for
a council is alot like making decision for a company. Can we get back to expenses please?
Hello Carl.  Where do you stand on the supermarket issue it will be very intresting to know given two Lib councillors are up for election ?

bat man

« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2011, 09:24:20 PM »
 :o

Dave

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2011, 08:15:13 PM »
Trouble is, Lisa writes ' Its every Marple liberal democrat voters fault', but some of the posts in this thread don't exactly make you want to go out and vote Tory, do they :-( 

bat man

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2011, 07:49:09 PM »
I cant beleive the interest this subject has generated,lets start contacting the lib dems and get an explanation.......

Carl Rydings

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2011, 04:51:54 PM »
Please let me know if you have a regular night that you attend Marple Conservative Club,
I would very much like to meet you

I would very much like to meet you as well.

I don't have any regular days at Marple Conservative Club.

As i live in High Lane, your more likely to find me in High Lane Conservative Club from time to time.

However, i will be visiting Marple Conservative Club.

Keep checking my Facebook page for dates and times:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Carl-Rydings/283597528348949/

Carl Rydings

« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2011, 04:47:58 PM »
I stand corrected why cant the local councillors follow the MPs example and refuse a rise in there expenses. ;)

They could and take a reduction if they wanted to.

bat man

« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2011, 12:20:19 PM »
I stand corrected why cant the local councillors follow the MPs example and refuse a rise in there expenses. ;)