Certified Charter Accountants in Marple

Author Topic: Larger Traffic Islands Outside Texaco Garage  (Read 4481 times)

david

Larger Traffic Islands Outside Texaco Garage
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2002, 11:18:43 AM »
Many pedestrians do have to cross at this junction and the new pedestrian refuges and road realignment makes this a great deal safer. Well done to the traffic planners in the council for sensible changes to the junction.

Harry

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2002, 08:59:52 PM »
I would say that both Terry and Richard are correct.

The new larger traffic islands will cause more traffic congestion but they will make it much safer to cross. It is very difficult to cross the road at this junction. I do it frequently. Cars rarely indicate when turning left from Stockport Road into Station Road and the traffic does travel too fast. Anyway, there is little congestion here.

It would appear that they are putting in a pelican crossing - long overdue.

Personally, I don't mind being held up for half a minute if it means it is safer for everybody.

For once. Well done to the council.

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2002, 08:45:41 PM »
The new islands are to make it safer for pedestrians.  I cross there with my kids and find it really dangerous.

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2002, 07:48:35 PM »
What on earth are the Council doing now to create more traffic congestion.  Making these islands larger will make it harder for traffic to be able to turn right into Buxton Lane from Marple causing more standing traffic and more pollution, but with no concievable benefit.  A friend told me today that we must have the worst traffic planning department in the country.  What are they thinking up next?  Is there anything else they can do?