Consulting Structural & Civil Engineers in Marple Bridge

Author Topic: Brown Recycling Bin  (Read 1565 times)

Jo Scarlett

Brown Recycling Bin
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 08:25:07 PM »
Does anyone have a spare brown recycling bin or know where I can get one without having to pay £40!  Just moved house and we don't have one at our new property.   I've been intouch with SMBC and I would have to purchase one (£40) which I'm reluctant to do.  Whilst I fully support recycling, we as residents of Stockport are now doing all the work and as a result Stockport was pleased to announce this week that 'they' had achieved a success rate of 67% recycling -- great news. 

It isn't my fault that I don't have a bin to use, so now we are having to take our glass/tins etc to the tip which isn't a major problem, but a job we could do without!!  As a family of 4, our brown bin was always full.......

Note to anyone due to move house - check that you have all the recycling bins you should have for the property.  But be aware that the bins belong to the house and not the house owner, so you can't take them with you!! but it might be worth asking that the bins are provided before you move in at their expense, moving house is an expensive process and all these 'small' things add up -- and SMBC will not recycle if you put it out in anything other than the brown bin - thanks  ???