Marple Glass and Glazing

Author Topic: Specific information lacking  (Read 4196 times)

sgk

Re: Specific information lacking
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 08:33:04 PM »
Criticism (and praise) taken on the chin sogley - are you able to help us out by writing what you think should be included on the MiA web site to satisfy the casual reader? All help gratefully accepted  ;)
I would be willing to help if I could but I'm a newcomer to the situation and know very little facts. A good starting point would be a list of key points which could be expanded to give useful information - I'm sure there are many more than I suggested earlier - and we then need to present them with the arch sceptic in mind. Just saying that local shops will be affected isn't good enough, for example. A sceptic will assume that it's exaggerated and that a couple of shops will have a 10% drop in sales. Nor is it helpful to ratchet up the rhetoric in the way that the Americans are fond of doing - we just need carefully explained facts that let the reader decide for himself or herself.

Smithy166 has done a great posting bringing key points together.  See the posting here.

sogley

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 07:22:42 PM »
Criticism (and praise) taken on the chin sogley - are you able to help us out by writing what you think should be included on the MiA web site to satisfy the casual reader? All help gratefully accepted  ;)
I would be willing to help if I could but I'm a newcomer to the situation and know very little facts. A good starting point would be a list of key points which could be expanded to give useful information - I'm sure there are many more than I suggested earlier - and we then need to present them with the arch sceptic in mind. Just saying that local shops will be affected isn't good enough, for example. A sceptic will assume that it's exaggerated and that a couple of shops will have a 10% drop in sales. Nor is it helpful to ratchet up the rhetoric in the way that the Americans are fond of doing - we just need carefully explained facts that let the reader decide for himself or herself.

Duke Fame

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 12:22:16 AM »
This forum must be congratulated for the amount of information given and the energy of its members in its campaign against the proposed sale. However, the marple-in-action.org website is disappointing in the amount of information it gives to the casual reader who isn't prepared to scour the in-depth forums. For example, it could mention (a) a list of shops that would be in danger of closing (more than you think), (b) the specific problems of traffic on Upper Hibbert Lane and why it would be a big problem, (c) the horrendous delivery lorry access on Church Lane or via Stockport Road traffic lights, (d) possible plans to renovate the town centre in exchange for planning permission (I've heard rumours but will say no more), (e) the fact that Stockport Council will be stymied by planning application costs. I learnt most of this information by rumour in a local pub. It would be good if the marple-in-action.org website could give us more facts.
Please feel free to contact the Action line for up to date information, leave a message and we will return your call.
I think it would be good to know what is fact, some fact aren't  quite backed up.

Miss Marple

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 05:03:04 PM »
This forum must be congratulated for the amount of information given and the energy of its members in its campaign against the proposed sale. However, the marple-in-action.org website is disappointing in the amount of information it gives to the casual reader who isn't prepared to scour the in-depth forums. For example, it could mention (a) a list of shops that would be in danger of closing (more than you think), (b) the specific problems of traffic on Upper Hibbert Lane and why it would be a big problem, (c) the horrendous delivery lorry access on Church Lane or via Stockport Road traffic lights, (d) possible plans to renovate the town centre in exchange for planning permission (I've heard rumours but will say no more), (e) the fact that Stockport Council will be stymied by planning application costs. I learnt most of this information by rumour in a local pub. It would be good if the marple-in-action.org website could give us more facts.
Please feel free to contact the Action line for up to date information, leave a message and we will return your call.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 12:30:05 PM »
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

sogley

Specific information lacking
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 11:39:43 AM »