Landscape Gardening Maintenance Marple & Marple Bridge

Author Topic: CAMSFC OFSTED Report  (Read 8144 times)

alstan

Re: CAMSFC OFSTED Report
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2011, 09:36:12 AM »
I have to say that some of the scaremongering posts and those attempting to vilify the college do this campaign no credit. Trawling through the college OFSTED report in an attempt to denigrate the college and its personnel (who have an extremely difficult job to do) and making triumphant little posts about Marple Hall applying for Academy status to the disadvantage of the college add absolutely nothing to the debate and do nothing to enhance the status of Marple-in Action.

Part of this post has been removed as it covers another topic and has also been posted the relevant thread. Admin.

sgk

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2011, 04:57:05 PM »
why don't Marple hall place a bid for it?

i hate the feeling of a big supermarket would becoming along, taking away the charm of our little town. Marple needs torisum not vandalism which will probably happen if this monster comes along  >:(  :'(

There's about 13 million reasons why Marple Hall school wouldn't be placing a bid for it.

pirate Princess

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2011, 04:36:16 PM »
why don't Marple hall place a bid for it?

i hate the feeling of a big supermarket would becoming along, taking away the charm of our little town. Marple needs torisum not vandalism which will probably happen if this monster comes along  >:(  :'(

neil f

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2011, 05:57:36 PM »
if you lose the sarcasm then maybe you will be able to focus on the facts. emotion clouds judgement  ;)
I am a nice person really !   :-*

I Know and i admire you and your energy

sgk

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2011, 05:33:15 PM »
Can I ask that you read it first then comment ! 

For the benefit of people following this thread, the CAMSFC Ofsted report can be found here, dated 21st November 2009.

Ofsted did comment "The quality of accommodation is satisfactory overall, though it is dated and there are shortcomings in a few areas.", no doubt in reference to Hibbert Lane.

Miss Marple

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2011, 05:09:22 PM »
if you lose the sarcasm then maybe you will be able to focus on the facts. emotion clouds judgement  ;)
I am a nice person really !   :-*

neil f

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2011, 04:59:26 PM »
if you lose the sarcasm then maybe you will be able to focus on the facts. emotion clouds judgement  ;)

Miss Marple

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2011, 04:55:11 PM »
Well that's alright then  :-X

neil f

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2011, 04:27:15 PM »
I Have, and if you understand the language used you will see that from quotes like these;

"Success rates show a steady year-on-year improvement"

"The college has shown acute responsiveness to local learning needs
through changes to the curriculum and improved partnerships."

"The percentage of teaching and learning that is good or better has increased
since the last inspection because of a greater focus on monitoring, evaluation
and action planning for improvement."

Success rates have risen steadily over
the last three years."

That the college is delivering good education to the students. baring in mind that the report is dated 2009.
I repeat, if you attack the staff and the quality of the teaching and learning you will alienate a potentially very stong and supportive ally.
The principle is an academic not a business woman, she is attempting to raise funds in a political climate where central government have walked away.in the clutches of large supermarket vultures she is cannon fodder.

Miss Marple

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, 03:59:47 PM »
Can I ask that you read it first then comment ! 

Smithy166

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 03:31:01 PM »
I third that neil "f"  ;D
If were going to win this war we have to put emotions behind us, and base arguments on "facts, not opinions!" otherwise various supermarkets are going to be able to walk all over us.

Dave

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 03:23:12 PM »
Very well said, neil. Launching a vendetta against the college is a foolish idea, and will do nothing to further the cause of those who don't want a supermarket on Hibbert Lane. Unless Miss M's dictionary is different from mine, satisfactory means, well, er, satisfactory! And btw, there IS an Ofsted grade below satisfactory: 'Inadequate.'

neil f

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 01:53:28 PM »
Be careful what you wish for miss marple. Whilst i am 100 % against a superpmarket being built on the hibbert lane campus what do you think would happen if Marple Hall School was to gain acadamy status and build their own sixth form on site. The head teacher is being mentored by a superhead who has just opened 2 new sixth forms in existing schools,one in ashton and one in prestwich.If this happens then we may well end up with two derelict sites in Marple and the loss of the student pound in the local shops for 36 accademic weeks would also be substantial. attacking the quality performance of the college prior to the results in august is folly. in the world of education satisfactory is not a sign of bad teaching and learning and if you ask staff who work in the sector then i predict that giving them a purpose built premises with 21st century technologies would definatly inspire them to improve from satisfactory. Stockport colleges last inspection report gave them outstanding and within weeks Beacon Status. they are now a minimum of 7 million pounds in debt with a lot of staff having lost their jobs.
Do not attack the staff of the college, they may well support us. (for now!)

Miss Marple

CAMSFC OFSTED Report
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 12:59:07 AM »
I have just spent an hour reading through CAMSFC Inspection report and far from it being an excellent college I was shocked to see that the college was only only getting satisfactory grade 3 in most subjects and that the teaching and learning are satisfactory, very little teaching is inadequate but that there is not enough good teaching.   I know fail to see how expanding a college and disrupting our community can improve the failings identified in the report.  Having read the report it appears that the college is failing and no amount of window dressing can rectify that given that there are only three grades with satisfactory being the bottom.  I am just wondering if the money off the sale of the land will wing it's way to Cheadle because they also appear to have a poor intake, so one has to ask where are all the new students coming from to fill the new development.  Please read the report before you shoot the messenger !